Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Say Car Ramrod!!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,632

    New MOB frame with tire clearance issues....

    I just got a blk markt mob frame in tan. the chainstays are a rockin 15.6 inches in length. i tried putting a kenda krad 2.3 mounted on a single track on the bike and it rubbed on both chain stays. sooooo

    i was wondering if any of you know of some good street tires that are smaller than a kenda k-rad.

    i will have pics of the build soon. i am waitin on a damned headset.

    the build will be...

    MOB frame, large, tan
    all black xt hubs with singletrack wheels
    fsa impact hiddenset head set
    black azonic DW bars
    6 inch avid mechs front and rear
    black e13 bash guard
    black 175 mm profile cranks/bb
    black thomson post/black thomson 50mm stem
    selle italia flite saddle
    manitou minute 3 at 4" of travel
    black wellgo mag pedals
    black shimano 105 rear der.
    something or other tires....maybe a hutchinson mosquito 2.0 front and a irc mythos xc 2.0 rear
    [SIZE="5"]I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself...[/SIZE]

  2. #2
    Schmeow Productions
    Reputation: JBsoxB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    5,422
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude
    I just got a blk markt mob frame in tan. the chainstays are a rockin 15.6 inches in length. i tried putting a kenda krad 2.3 mounted on a single track on the bike and it rubbed on both chain stays. sooooo

    i was wondering if any of you know of some good street tires that are smaller than a kenda k-rad.

    i will have pics of the build soon. i am waitin on a damned headset.

    the build will be...

    MOB frame, large, tan
    all black xt hubs with singletrack wheels
    fsa impact hiddenset head set
    black azonic DW bars
    6 inch avid mechs front and rear
    black e13 bash guard
    black 175 mm profile cranks/bb
    black thomson post/black thomson 50mm stem
    selle italia flite saddle
    manitou minute 3 at 4" of travel
    black wellgo mag pedals
    black shimano 105 rear der.
    something or other tires....maybe a hutchinson mosquito 2.0 front and a irc mythos xc 2.0 rear

    krads in 1.95 version.

  3. #3
    train gorilla
    Reputation: ---->SWERVE76<----'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    192
    arrow launch 2.25

  4. #4
    Say Car Ramrod!!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,632
    Quote Originally Posted by ---->SWERVE76<----
    arrow launch 2.25
    got it all built up minus the headset and cables! its pretty light.

    hope 2 have pics by friday nite.
    [SIZE="5"]I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself...[/SIZE]

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: freerider167's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,523
    do you have a 24 inch wheel? maybe a 24 inch could give you more clearance if you need/want it. hope to see the pics soon.

  6. #6
    Pro Crastinator
    Reputation: .WestCoastHucker.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,467
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude
    ....... i tried putting a kenda krad 2.3 mounted on a single track on the bike and it rubbed on both chain stays....
    that's such a big bottle of weaksause. i hope they fix that for future models.....

  7. #7
    Say Car Ramrod!!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,632
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    that's such a big bottle of weaksause. i hope they fix that for future models.....

    hell yea it sucks. i couldnt even run an irc trailbear 2.25. i have to run a 2.1 for now until i find a tire that barely clears. but from what i can tell its going to be light and fast.


    just need the effin headset and i will ready to roll
    [SIZE="5"]I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself...[/SIZE]

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Evil4bc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,127
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    that's such a big bottle of weaksause. i hope they fix that for future models.....
    BTW is that the model with the vertical drops ?
    Friends don't let friends ride Krads , try a 2.0 Halo tire it should work
    or samller semislick XC tire
    Follow me on Instagram for up to date build pics -Brad4130
    Nem-Pro store
    Nem-Pro Blog

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: samalter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    91
    i thought they were singlespeed only frames?

  10. #10
    Say Car Ramrod!!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,632
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil4bc
    BTW is that the model with the vertical drops ?
    Friends don't let friends ride Krads , try a 2.0 Halo tire it should work
    or samller semislick XC tire
    yes it is with a replaceable drop out. its sick, the tan look bad ass.....its the exact same color as my old '78 wagoneer minus the wood vinal strip
    [SIZE="5"]I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself...[/SIZE]

  11. #11
    Say Car Ramrod!!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,632

    finally a picture

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude
    I just got a blk markt mob frame in tan. the chainstays are a rockin 15.6 inches in length. i tried putting a kenda krad 2.3 mounted on a single track on the bike and it rubbed on both chain stays. sooooo

    i was wondering if any of you know of some good street tires that are smaller than a kenda k-rad.

    i will have pics of the build soon. i am waitin on a damned headset.

    the build will be...

    MOB frame, large, tan
    all black xt hubs with singletrack wheels
    fsa impact hiddenset head set
    black azonic DW bars
    6 inch avid mechs front and rear
    black e13 bash guard
    black 175 mm profile cranks/bb
    black thomson post/black thomson 50mm stem
    selle italia flite saddle
    manitou minute 3 at 4" of travel
    black wellgo mag pedals
    black shimano 105 rear der.
    something or other tires....maybe a hutchinson mosquito 2.0 front and a irc mythos xc 2.0 rear
    hope to have more soon. this thing does not have good tire clearance at all! but other than that it is spot on. it manuals awesome and i suck at manualing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIZE="5"]I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself...[/SIZE]

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    218
    id be careful. haha, ive been running 2.6 kinetics on my bike, and they rub occiasionaly, just lookin over my bike yesterday, and the f*ckers rudded a nice gouge in the seatstay. not cool. apperently rubber isnt as soft as aluminum lol. so yeah, if your running low clearances, keep your wheel true. i check it all the time, and it still dug it out. good thing its an older bike.

  13. #13
    Say Car Ramrod!!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,632
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohio_Huck
    id be careful. haha, ive been running 2.6 kinetics on my bike, and they rub occiasionaly, just lookin over my bike yesterday, and the f*ckers rudded a nice gouge in the seatstay. not cool. apperently rubber isnt as soft as aluminum lol. so yeah, if your running low clearances, keep your wheel true. i check it all the time, and it still dug it out. good thing its an older bike.
    this is a steel frame will it dig out as bad?
    [SIZE="5"]I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself...[/SIZE]

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    218
    prolly not. defintatly not. duh, i wasnt thinking lol, but id still keep a close eye on it

Similar Threads

  1. What did my 88 Fat Chance sell for new?
    By mojo in forum Vintage, Retro, Classic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-20-2005, 03:26 PM
  2. Tires at MEC
    By turbo ultrasport in forum Eastern Canada
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-04-2004, 04:00 PM
  3. comparison of ProPedal, Float and ALPS on same frame
    By ccm in forum Shocks and Suspension
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-15-2004, 09:37 AM
  4. Advice with Stan no tubes sealent ?
    By Johny Rotten in forum Singlespeed
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-13-2004, 03:39 PM
  5. Suggestions for WW FAQ section
    By Trevor! in forum Weight Weenies
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-19-2004, 01:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •