mtbr member

New to me Demo 8 II help

I picked up a Demo 8 II the other day and while cleaning it, a near complete dis-assembly, I noticed the rear wheel is sitting closer to one side of the chain stay than the other. There is no evidence of a hard hit that would bend the rear triangle, just some normal small scratches here and there. I flipped the wheel to just make sure that it was not the issue and it sat in the same place as when it was on the correct way. Am I missing something simple here?

Here is a pic to kinda show what I am seeing.

-Brett

fdp for life
    The Specialized demo 7 and 8 frames, and big hit(I think) have a 6mm offset or dish from the typical rear wheel. This centers the rim on the hub and according to specialized makes a more robust and durable rear wheel.

One question. Is the rear wheel a stock wheel from specialized or is it aftermarket?

When I bought a spare wheelset for my demo 7 It looked the same as your picture and I took it to LBS to have it dished. Now it is centered in the chainstays.

Hope this helps.

mtbr member
    Yup, you just need to dish your wheel over.

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Do your dishes. Had the same issue when I bought my used demo a few years back
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

mtbr member
    Ok, dish time it is, They are Azonic Outlaws. Not sure if they came on it originally, but that is what it came with when I got it.

The Specialized demo 7 and 8 frames, and big hit(I think) have a 6mm offset or dish from the typical rear wheel. This centers the rim on the hub and according to specialized makes a more robust and durable rear wheel.
    That explains it, the rear triangle looks different on both sides. One side has a bigger curve than the other. Thanks for pointing that out!

-Brett,

mtbr member
    lawlz brah