mtbr member
    Nov 2012

New to Dh need help.

I am a beginner DH rider so i got a deal on a kingfisher frame with all new parts including saint brakes rotors e13 lg1+ and all kinds of goodies for 500 now all I need to know is what kind of wheels and fork to get the rest is included on the bike. I want a dual crown and I'm not worried bout getting used parts. I was looking at Azonic outlaws and a Boxxer fork but what do y'all propose and if u got anything tell me thanks.

Glad to Be Alive
    get some outlaws and look around for a used boxxer, fox 40 or 888
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

life on 2 wheels
    Apr 2012
    im giving the 888vf a shot, but mainly rode a white brothers dh3 when i raced. cant go wrong with an inverted. much smoother

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrispy-D View Post
    I was looking at Azonic outlaws and a Boxxer fork but what do y'all propose and if u got anything tell me thanks.
    The Outlaws are an absolute bargain for what you get and a good used Boxxer should definitely not be hard to find so I think that you are on the right track. Keep in mind that not all Boxxers are created equal and because you are new to the sport maybe you don't need the world cup version but that's your call.

It may be a good time to buy now as it is the off season and parts should be cheaper than in the spring when everyone is trying to get their builds together. Have fun during your build and most importantly out on the trail.
    2012 Intense M9
    2012 Pivot Mach 5.7 Carbon
    2008 Look 595
    2007 Custom Litespeed Sewanee

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Yea a lot of boxers are pretty heap on pink bike but i wanna stick to spring forks over air and if i could grab an inverted that would be sick but unfortunately I've got a low budget like only in the 5 600 range for a fork and wheels.

mtbr member
    only the Boxxer world cup is air.

RideDirt
    Grab the Outlaws and a BoXXer RC and your godo to go..Being that your new the less adjustments the better for you.. Learn proper body english and build up your skills , also invest in armor

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Ok so like an 09 or 10 boxxer with outlaws. maxxis tires?
    And for body armor I just got a titan and a full face helmet i just need shin guards.
    03 Cannondale F600 (Phoenix)
    95 Mongoose IBOC STX ( The Project)
    08 Novara System 2.0 (FOR SALE)
    07 Motobecane Fantom CX

RideDirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrispy-D View Post
    Ok so like an 09 or 10 boxxer with outlaws. maxxis tires?
    And for body armor I just got a titan and a full face helmet i just need shin guards.
    Yup , depending trails you ride the most popular setup is minions/high rollers ... i personally like my schwalbe muddy marys and big betty, also schwalbe tires run more true to size and Maxxis tends to run small for a 2.5 tire. But youll be fine.

Armor wise yea thats a good setup.. Fox launch knee/shin pads are great