New DH bike!

Printable View

• 01-15-2013
    jmallory
    1 Attachment(s)
    New DH bike!
    Attachment 753525

I'm sure there a lot of people who think this is a stupid idea, but I am pretty stoked to get out and give this a go! Getting back to simplicity and slowing down a bit compared to my normal DH rig.
  • 01-15-2013
    shwinn8
    that's how they did it back in the '70's and '80's right!!!? rock it out! post pictures and videos!
  • 01-15-2013
    WarBoom
    Im all for it but remember it didnt happen on the interwebs unless there are pics and vids!
  • 01-15-2013
    Tim F.
    Not flexy eough!
  • 01-15-2013
    SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    frackion sweet....love it...roots baby...roots

have fun stopping.....very very tricky with coaster brakes
  • 01-15-2013
    Metanoia
    Cool! Are those 2.7 tires?
  • 01-15-2013
    jmallory
    1 Attachment(s)
    Yeah, Transition has a good thing going. They are already sold out on their first batch, I was lucky to get one from the LBS. The white is pretty cool too with the bar pads!

Attachment 753539
  • 01-15-2013
    cyclelicious
    Old school. I like the paint scheme
  • 01-15-2013
    Lunchbox362
    diggin it
  • 01-16-2013
    Pädi
    Wanna swap that for my TR250? i'll add money!
  • 01-16-2013
    jmallory
    1 Attachment(s)
    I got the Klunker out today and it was a blast! It definitely takes some man legs to pedal it but it is doable. It was crazy how used to suspension I am. I picked a relatively smooth trail but even then it beat the hell out of me. Had to get used to the coaster brake and it definitely scared me a few times. I don't think I'll be getting rid of my FS bikes but there is room in the stable for this bike. And proof...

Attachment 753720

Just looking for the right bar pad set now!
  • 01-17-2013
    The Grimmer
    Haa, sweet :) Just hope you don't snap your chain! having no brakes would be intersting..
  • 01-17-2013
    StuLax18
    Haha awesome! I love that they make these bikes. Nothing like getting back to the roots.
  • 01-17-2013
    singlesprocket
    hah! awesome bike!
  • 01-17-2013
    nightofthefleming
    Quote:

Originally Posted by The Grimmer View Post
    Haa, sweet :) Just hope you don't snap your chain! having no brakes would be intersting..

Coaster brake
  • 01-17-2013
    arkon11
    This is sweet, but I'm surprised that these things actually sell! I'd think it'd be easier to just scrap a beater bike together.

Regardless, Transition's rock so I'm sure this does too haha.
  • 01-18-2013
    Heretic Skeptic
    https://vimeo.com/51119615#

These cats are hilarious!
  • 01-18-2013
    The Grimmer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by nightofthefleming View Post
    Coaster brake

Yeah?
    That's why i said hope you don't snap your chain. Coaster breaks don't work without a chain right?!
  • 01-19-2013
    Uncle Cliffy
    Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightofthefleming View Post
    Coaster brake

Quote:

Yeah?
    That's why i said hope you don't snap your chain. Coaster breaks don't work without a chain right?!

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-conte...hicken-gif.gif
  • 01-19-2013
    mattkock
    RePack here we come Baby!!!!!
  • 02-10-2013
    shizzlebizzle
    Hey all. I'm new to mtbr and was looking for some opinionos. I'm looking on buying a new bike but I just want a sense of what others think between the two bikes I'm considering. Right now I'm looking at either the Scott Spark 640 ($3300) or the Yeti sb66 race alloy ($4300). My first choice which i was dead set on was the Scott because I really liked the trim lock feature along with the sleek design. This is pretty much a trail bike. But the Yeti threw a wrench into the mix because it is simply awesome. It is supposedly a bit more durable and has the amazing "switch technology" feature allowing for automatic suspension adjustment for climbs and descents. It works by having the bottom bracket pivot rotate eccentrically relative to the swing arm rotation. Its really interesting. This is obviously a bit more expensive but I just don't know what would be best for me. Both bikes sound awesome. I'd mostly use it for alot of XC and DH. What are your thoughts?!
  • 02-10-2013
    juanbeegas
    Quote:

Originally Posted by shizzlebizzle View Post
    What are your thoughts?!

MY thoughts are, you should start a brand new thread, where people can see, from the thread title, that you need help, instead of posting within a thread about something completely different, that may be missed by people who skip over this thread, because of the thread title.
  • 02-10-2013
    BinaryBike
    New DH bike!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by shizzlebizzle View Post
    Hey all. I'm new to mtbr and was looking for some opinionos. I'm looking on buying a new bike but I just want a sense of what others think between the two bikes I'm considering. Right now I'm looking at either the Scott Spark 640 ($3300) or the Yeti sb66 race alloy ($4300). My first choice which i was dead set on was the Scott because I really liked the trim lock feature along with the sleek design. This is pretty much a trail bike. But the Yeti threw a wrench into the mix because it is simply awesome. It is supposedly a bit more durable and has the amazing "switch technology" feature allowing for automatic suspension adjustment for climbs and descents. It works by having the bottom bracket pivot rotate eccentrically relative to the swing arm rotation. Its really interesting. This is obviously a bit more expensive but I just don't know what would be best for me. Both bikes sound awesome. I'd mostly use it for alot of XC and DH. What are your thoughts?!

You're going to want to start a new tread for your questions. Welcome to the party!

As for the Klunker, I can't see myself ever using one for real riding, but I'm all for nostalgia and a man version of the beach cruiser!