Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Roll on Spring Time!

Never Thought I wood consider a Demo 7 but..

I have been thinking about getting a fully to second my hardtail. Didnt bring one with me and I not too keen on shipping one into Korea. I started looking almost as sson as I landed for shops to supply the addiction, naturaly yeh?
    So I get a little excited to see some fine stead available here watz a brother gonna do? Not all the choice in the world and maybe not exactly what I would choose if I could have American availability
    The list started like this
    Giant Reignx 1 - very affordable and good reviews on MTBR a few issues but still well priced for a complete bike, but just found out it will have to be brought in from Taiwan with 3 month wait and I am sure the exchange rate will affect that quote
    Santa Cruz 2009 Nomad frame - just too much as a husband and father of 3
    Santa Cruz Bullit - affordable and as frame only which I like
    Specialized sx Trail - my would be 1st choice but no available and wood be pricey

BUT then today I find a DEMO 7 1 at a stupid price
    Now the demo 7 is not a bike i wood normaly consider but it is 7" which is my limit and is so cheap, same price as a giant reign x 1 and a little more than the nomad frame only.

So if you were gonna go for a sx trail and couldnt get one and then saw a demo 7 way cheaper than the sx wood normaly be, what wood you do
    How does it ride and whats that weight. Due to the verticalness of the landscape here I am pushing more and more. My hardtail rocks for toon riding but I have found some amazing single track that woodnt need a demo and I survive although aching on a hardtail. I am getting into urban so the hardtail rawks.
    I think there is some awesome riding to be found and although I dont go huge I am not smooth and try to get bigger. I wood normaly go for a 6"-7" bike with 160mm fork. I like the feel of contact with the trail but from watching Seasons I have just worked out what a good fully can get you through. I also like a responsive bike cause I aint that good and need all the help I get. I want a bike that jumps well cause I suc.

Is it worth trying the Demo 7

Santa cruz Bullit
    I just want to ride.

mtbr member
    Brother I say go for it. The D7 is one of the few bikes that I have jumped on and instantly felt comfortable riding to the most of my ability. I'm not a fan of Spec at all, I rather dislike them, but if I found a good deal on a D7 I would have a hard time not buying it.

Roll on Spring Time!
    thats won step closer
    probably gonna look into it tomoro to make sure its available and genuine
    its shows as complet bike but who knows as its in korean and maybe my bad luck bit i think i am correct as it specifically says -49%. I rode a 6.7"/7" single pivot with pushed dhx 5 for firm pedaling, i really enjoyed it and it was really responsive for 7" but the shock was sweet for general purpose. it was firm on the rough but I still felt in touch with the trail.
    sweet dreams tonite
    I just want to ride.

biking is fun
    i would say go for it, as you and combat said, im not a fan of spec either but something about those demo 7's just looks nice. especially with a totem on front. i have been trying to justify getting a 7" bike. if i had a hardtail for easier trails then i would say for sure get a 7" bike. would be good for am/fr/dh. so you should be covered.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Well, I've just finished building my D7. 18,3 kg with a Shiver up front . Pure fun, at least according to the single ride so far... Yeah, D7 is a very nice bike, and could be built much lighter with a different fork. Go for it.

Ideas Above My Station...
    Hey if Sam Hill can change...........
    Its All Downhill From Here....!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Sam Hill Ftw

Roll on Spring Time!
    okay so i buy a demo and change my sig. to iamahillwannabe
    i calling 1st thing tomorrow but sleeping in for a couple o xtra zzzz
    I just want to ride.

mtbr member
    Never Thought I wood consider a Demo 7 but.......

Sam Hill rides one and I want to make man love with him so I will consider one now.

Roll on Spring Time!
    boogenman you crossed the line
    someone please remove this manloving freak from MTBR
    I just want to ride.

SuperInstigator
    Quote Originally Posted by juan pablo
    boogenman you crossed the line
    someone please remove this manloving freak from MTBR
    How about the mods make some sort of portal that automatically transfers boogenman's posts to pinkbike? I think they would be happy to get one of their essential members back to keep the forum offering LOL-speak and absolutely no advice worth reading.
    I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.

Roll on Spring Time!
    did you say PINK bike
    PINK
    bike
    now boogenman is excited you used the pink word
    well at least there is somewhere for him to go
    I just want to ride.

mtbr member

Ha--ha,,, He said wood....

Quote Originally Posted by juan pablo
    exactly what I [SIZE="3"]would[/SIZE] choose if I could have American availability

Specialized sx Trail - my [SIZE="3"]would[/SIZE] be 1st choice but no available and [SIZE="3"]wood[/SIZE] be pricey

Now the demo 7 is not a bike i [SIZE="3"]wood[/SIZE] normaly consider but it is 7" which is my limit and is so cheap, same price as a giant reign x 1 and a little more than the nomad frame only.

So if you were gonna go for a sx trail and couldnt get one and then saw a demo 7 way cheaper than the sx [SIZE="3"]wood [/SIZE]normaly be, what wood you do

but I have found some amazing single track that [SIZE="3"]woodnt [/SIZE]need a demo and I survive

I [SIZE="3"]wood[/SIZE] normaly go for a 6"-7" bike with 160mm fork. I like the feel of contact with the trail t

The best laugh I've had all day.......woodent you say so? That's totally whack
    I'm [SIZE="4"]GNARcissistic[/SIZE]

Glad to Be Alive
    I would get it in a heart beat...they are a good bike
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Roll on Spring Time!
    i lucked out
    they only have the demo in small
    i gotz seriously excited about going for a demo and ended up with a woody
    phoned all the bike shops and no one seems to carry any stock of anything and if they do then its small for the Asian brothers
    one shop even recommended i ship my bike in from the states, and its the intense distributor
    cheese looks like i am high and dry in korea and will have to entertain this back ache after every ride
    I just want to ride.

i like rocks
    i'm hoping i can find a good deal on a sunday pretty soon....
    Tim M Hovey

IMBA CAMBr COMBA BMA
    Transition Bottlerocket
    Gary Fisher Rig
    Blk Mrkt MOB 4x
    1950 CJ3a
    1999 F350 PSD

mtbr member
    geez you people have no sense of humor. I'm glad I don't ride with you

Roll on Spring Time!
    get the man a pink tissue
    I just want to ride.

mtbr member
    My D7 gives me wood
    I'm [SIZE="4"]GNARcissistic[/SIZE]

squish is good
    How tall are you Juan? I recently got into a small DH frame and it is perfect for me. I usually ride medium frames for my 6" bike and hardtail. If your under 5'10 you could probably make it work.
    Bike good, work bad.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Im 5'8" and ride a small d7

Roll on Spring Time!
    i am an unfortunate 6' 1"
    dont give me false hope man
    i even thought at the price they selling the D7 it would be worth buying the complete bike and selling the frame new on flea bay and getting a larger frame.
    i am gonna look into bringing a bike in from the UK. Hoping my company can help organise the shipping
    I just want to ride.

EastBaySteez
    Sam Hill rides one!

But they dont come in white. So that takes a point off.

I dont see any XD XD XD on them either

Not a high quality bike.

But seriously, go for it. Demo 7's where on my short list of bikes to get. If you have a life on a frame for cheap. Hit that shizzle up!
    Gamut
    Team Evil
    Formerly: motormonkeyr6

N* Bomber Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by motormonkeyr6
    But they dont come in white. So that takes a point off.

I dont see any XD XD XD on them either

Not a high quality bike.
    Yuppers! XD
    [size=3]Northstar 2008 Riding Crew[/size]

SuperInstigator
    Quote Originally Posted by boogenman
    geez you people have no sense of humor. I'm glad I don't ride with you
    One thing that you should know about the internet is that it's hard to convey feelings that would normally be detected in a person's voice...regardless, what is up with your obsession of calling everyone out about loving man meat? What are you in, like 7th grade? Do you have anything of any value whatsoever to add to this forum? It seems like you just get a kick out of bringing pinkbike to mtbr.

If you are just making harmless little jokes...you might want to know that I (and I think I speak for most of mtbr) don't find them funny in the least...and it's not because I have anything against jokes that make fun of gay people (although I do)...your "sense of humor" is just stupid.
    I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast