Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

My Skid Lid

2K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  The Tod Says What?! 
#1 ·
Just thought id post my beloved Protec Bucky Lasek Ace Helmet. It is the most-bada$$ helmet I have ever owned(not Full face). I did the sticker job myself and just added the Dragon stickers today when they came in the mail:thumbsup: The helmet weighs in at 357 grams, almost beating my friends XC helmet. It is also the most comfortable helmet i have ever had the pleasure of bestowing upon my dome. For 30 bucks I think this is the best helmet you can buy(non-fullface) and best looking, and it fits all shaped heads.

Ps. Sorry for the crappy pics, my camera decided to be shitty today.:madman:

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
The Tod Says What?! said:
Dont hate on 661. Their pads are great. And im not just saying that because they're my sponsor.lol
to each their own:D

i have scars on my left knee because my 661 pads slide to the side of my leg on impact then i proceeded to deflect the rocks with my patella... and i have had issues with the gloves. so those products at least i will not buy again. no idea on their helmets, maybe they kick ass.

#9 ·
I like it, the stickers give it personality:D Skate style helmets just look so much better imo. But I guess looks don't matter much when it is there to protect your noggin. I just bought a Giro Flak (08) and love it. Fits perfect.

The guys at work call me a poser since I got that helmet. :D But who cares what they think right?

#11 ·
I've had a Protec Ace for over a decade and I freakin love it. Just can't seem to kill the thing. Used it for climbing, paddling, riding, skating etc etc.

The foam lining is in an advanced state of decomposition and there is duct tape holding one of the chinstraps on but the padding and shell are still going strong.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.