Moose Member

My champ for a Jr. T?

Got an offer on my champ. The offer is a 2006 Marzocchi Jr. T and about $150 cash and maybe a crankset. You all know i ride N* and my janky jumps. how will this fork handle.

I read some reviews and someone said get an 05 or 04 only. Why is that? is there something wrong with 06s?

will this effect my ride height or HA? I really only do some light freeride so i think this fork is a good idea for me. Plus the cash won't hurt.

will i be able to use the same brakes i already have with it? i got some old hayes with 8" rotors.

The fork looks like this:

My champ for a Jr. T?-jr-t.jpg

what do ya'll think about Jr. Ts?

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    i had an 04, those are 03
    anyways it will fit your bike but since the champ is a 9" fork and the Jr T is a 7 inch fork the front end of your bike will drop a bit but it shouldnt handle bad

Personally I didnt like my Jr Ts, they sent me flying into a tree headfirst off of a little 2 foot drop and the way the damper was set up well it made an annoying clicking sound when the fork compresses

Im 155 pounds so if you are lighter than that it may be a better fork for you if it has the stock spring weight in it.

Moose Member
    im about 133lbs right now and maybe in the next year or two will hit the 150lbs mark.

Thanks for all that info, but will it take my hayes brakes?

mtbr member
    May 2006
    should fit your brakes. I think brake tabs are standardized,
    The guy yo' momma "act" like she don't know!

usually cranky
    just my opinion but i would not buy from a guy that runs a triple on a fr bike.

Glad to Be Alive
    personally a jr T is not good for N*....the fork is set to do one hit very well but loads up and doesn't work well on repeated hits (rockgardens)

Personally I would look for another fork

mtbr member
    Another vote for negative on the jr t - at bike parks it packs up on the brake bumps and feels like poo.

If $$$ is a priority then look for the super t / 888 of a similar generation.

mtbr member
    Walk away, they have poor quality damping.................... some other 7 inch fork like an old boxxer would be a perfect match for your m1 if you can find some still in good condition, or maybe a 06/07 888 .......stay away from manitou

Beer Swilling Clyde
    Quote Originally Posted by b-kul
    just my opinion but i would not buy from a guy that runs a triple on a fr bike.
    I'm curious about how you came to this conclusion?

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    why would someone run a 6'' front rotor on a fr/dh type bike?