Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

My 2012 Marin Team DH Build

21K views 108 replies 29 participants last post by  rep_1969 
#1 ·
I will add pics as parts arrive.

See less See more
#61 ·
I run this chain on my Niner A9C with the same ring and cog and on my wife's Niner with the same ring and cog and I'm really only going to be coasting like I did last Summer and It's Black and Light! Fashion over function, always. I am a hair stylist.;)

#65 ·
1/8th inch chains fit on 7/8/9 speed cogs with no problem. Never dealt with one on a 10speed cog, so I don't know about that.

but when building a single speed bike from scratch, on this sort of budget, wouldn't it make sense to get all singlespeed specific parts? may as well have what will work best and last longest.

#67 ·
Well I finally got a response from Chris King. When I told them that I placed my order on September 13th. they were like, "Whaaaaaaaaat? Let me see what happened." They promised me that they would be here this week so hopefully I get my wheels built up next week. Building them myself and don't know whether to go all black spokes or 2 white spokes around the valve. We'll see what happens.

#69 ·
Looking good! I love the over the top color matching! That's exactly what I would do if I didn't have a budget for my bike builds. Plus we all know blue and orange are complimentary colors so the color scheme is tits! Can't wait to see the final build pics!

#71 ·
Well here they are, my Chris King DH hubs!!! They got here on February 29th. after being on order since September 13th. 2012. I'm gonna build the wheels next week if I can find the time and now the wait for my FOX 40 starts. Should be here soon but that's what King told me. ;)

Attachments

#86 ·
Sorry but I can only build as fast as parts come in and YES it's killing me. It shouldn't because I'm not going DHing until June and then July but I still want it finished.

MY King hubs were ordered on September 13th. 2012 and delivered on March 2nd. 2013 and now I'm only waiting on my FOX 40 fork and then it will be done.

#89 ·
OK so this is Not a Joke. While building my wheels on Wednesday my wheel builder had a (Cardiac Event) not a heart attack but close. He was rushed by ambulance to the hospital and in the ICU until Friday. We are all wishing him a speedy recovery. He's still in the hospital today but should be home tomorrow.

#92 ·
Nope just black spokes and orange nipples on orange King hubs and color matched blue Flows. Like I said before the color combo was not my choice I just went with it. I can't wait to get it to Whistler.

If anyone wants to ride together I'll be in AngelFire NM in June and Whistler in July.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.