Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

My 2012 Marin Team DH Build

21K views 108 replies 29 participants last post by  rep_1969 
#1 ·
I will add pics as parts arrive.

See less See more
#95 ·
Well my wheel builder will be in the Hospital for at least another 3 weeks so I'm taking my wheels to someone else to get built. He's got a good reputation in town so we will see.

Our thoughts and Prayers go out to Sean and his family. Get better soon buddy!

#97 ·
I know right! He's back home and doing Great thank goodness, he's a Great guy. I'm doing my wheels myself with some help from an actual wheel builder and the rear is done and mounted and the front will be done tomorrow and the pics will be up tomorrow night. First ride will be this Sunday. I'm super stoked!!!

#99 · (Edited)
Your Wish is my command!!! Friday April 5th. 2013 and she's done!!! Let the ribbing begin. And No those are not my DH tires. Those are my (cruising the XC trails of Houston Texas on my DH bike tires.)

I want to thank Marin bikes, Fox shocks, Greenfields, Easton and of course John for the wheel build.

Attachments

#102 ·
Thanks guys I can't wait to get it to the mountains. AngelFire NM for my birthday weekend June 14th.-17th. and then Whistler BC July 20th.-28th. Hopefully I can get to Brian Head UT in August and do Dark Hollow (my Favorite Trail EVER!).

#106 ·
Wow... I really like it! Surprisingly, it did not come out looking over the top, considering all the customization you've done. Very well done!

Since you're such a weight weenie (not on DH bikes of course), how much does it weigh (not factoring in the fact that you don't have dual ply DH tires on there... that's probably another 2 lbs)?

#107 ·
Thanks Ron. It's sitting at 37.04lbs. right now but sure to gain another 2-3lbs. before hitting the mountains. My Intense M1 was 47lbs., my Schwinn Straight 8 was 40lbs., my Karpiel Disco was 36lbs. but this frame was HEAVY. If I end up putting gears on it it will gain another lb. or so.

With a Boxxer WC, Ti spring and etc. I could get it around 35lbs. in Race trim.

#108 ·
Well the bike rides Great! Here are some shots of it (and me) in action in Whistler.

The Heart of Darkness drop.

Top of the World trail.

I can't remember which trail this was on.

Wooden berm on Blue Velvet. Great Blue trail.

I have since changed the stem and bar to ones with more reach and rise. It feels even better now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.