mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Mr.Dirt Fat front fork or Marzochi Shiver?

Hey, I have a Foes DHS Tube that currently has a Mr.Dirt Fat front fork with 8 inches of travel. I have the option of switching it out with a marzocchi shiver with 7 inches. Both forks are used. Which do I get? thanks alot!

Infinite Power

Idea! Shiver DC

Quote Originally Posted by Ilostmyshoooz
    Hey, I have a Foes DHS Tube that currently has a Mr.Dirt Fat front fork with 8 inches of travel. I have the option of switching it out with a marzocchi shiver with 7 inches. Both forks are used. Which do I get? thanks alot!
    Question; What year is the Shiver your looking at? Also, check the difference in adjustability between the 2 forks.
    I have a FOES Fly with a 2004 Shiver DC Fork, and I love it. Of course it does weigh in at 10 lbs. when other forks can weigh around 7 to 8 lbs. It has 190mm travel wich matches the Curnutt rear shock when set to it's max travel. When putting the bike togather I looked for a fork that had as many external adjustments as I could find, and low to maintain. I think I got my moneys worth!

The only hard day, was yesterday.

go big
    Jan 2004

Mr. Dirt

In my opionion Mr. Dirt all the way. I just picked up my Mr. dirt, witch I paid an arm and a leg for. From what I know and I dont Know mutch. The Mr. dirt is or was hand made in cali. so their wasent that many ever avalible. the Mr. Dirt is more of a custom works style fork, one of the strongest ever made. Some would say set up right it is able too put the dorado to shame. I am still trying to get mine setup just right. I was wondering if I could get with you and see how youre's is set up so I could compare it to mine.... LATE.