GUIDANCE COUNSELOR

Moto pants for DH? Sizing?

I want to pick up some moto pants for DH and I'm curious what size to get. They seem to come in just single sizes (32,34, etc.) and I wear a 32x34 jean, I'm curious if anyone has insight into what size I should get. I imagine moto pants are designed to be worn with boots, so the inseam isn't very important in that application. I don't want the "high-water" look and I don't want my pants falling down. Help? Recommendations for a tall skinny dude?

Thanks!
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP
    TECH QUESTIONS HERE: INFO@MRPBIKE.COM

brake later, pedal sooner
    I recommend you find a store with the pants you are looking for and try them on. MTB sizing between brands is always different.

For example:
    I wear size 34 in TLD shorts, but I wear size 32 in TLD pants.
    I wear size Large for TLD GP Jerseys, but size Medium for TLD SE Jerseys.
    I wear size Large in all Fox stuff, but I wear medium for Sombrio....

So basically, buy from somewhere you can easily return, or find somewhere you can try the stuff on.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I am a tall and skinny guy; I wear a 33"/34". My experience is that most of the moto and DH mtb pants run a bit big in the waist. I am currently wearing Fox 180 vented Race Pants in size 32. They are a great length, but the knees are very articulated, and the actual bend where the pants want to sit on my knee-caps is a bit off. I ride with the waist tightened down all of the way, and they are just barely snug enough. Bear in mind that I also pedal in these pants; I wear them for general heavier AM riding, so you might like a slightly different fit, and the knee articulation might be less noticeable if you aren't pedaling.

I also really like the Nema pants, but they run really large. I wear a small in the models of theirs that I've tried.

You say you don't want the high-water look, but if you do any pedaling at all, I think you'll want the cuff to sit a couple of inches above the top of your shoe.

Carb free mofo
    Dec 2006
    problem with getting proper mx pants for dh is that some of them are designed to fit over mx boots. My fox mx pants are the right fit when wearing mx boots but not if I was in 510s / trainers.
    In the future, there is only war.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    In my experience with DH pants, for a wait size that fits best the legs are too short. I need to go up a waist size to get the length where it doesn't look like i'm on flood watch.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Don't get moto pants. Get Royal mtn bike pants. They are so much better.

Btw...cool vid of you on vital the other day.