mtbr member
    Mar 2008

morewood ndiza st or banshee rampant ?

Hey all iam looking for a new do it all bike and have decided that its one of these.i will be useing it for trail riding some jumping and a little light downhill iam looking for some info on both.i know the morewood is not covered under warrenty for trail riding has anyone had any bother with it using it for anything other than 4x?and how is the rampants pivots and bearings holding up as iam warey of multi link bikes as i have had bother with them before thanks.
    Last edited by radman; 03-10-2008 at 05:00 PM.

mtbr member
    i would go with the morewood, they are very nicely built. i highly doubt you will break it. super strong bikes that are hand built. also Richard is an awesome guy!
    I like to ride bikes fast.

General Rabble-Rouser
    My vote goes to the rampant. That little bike absolutely rips, and it's quite tough

Banshee rider Simon Cardon (sorry if I spelled it wrong Simon) finished 4th racing a Banshee Rampant in a downhill race in france against full on DH rigs.

The greasable bushings used in the rampant and rune are pretty durable, and very easily serviced. The designers intentionally put a rune through hell just to see of they could wear bushings out

mtbr member
    i like the rampant more
    nice suspension design
    short chainstays
    capibility of beating guys on dh bikes in a dh race

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by radman
    Hey all iam looking for a new do it all bike and have decided that its one of these.i will be useing it for trail riding some jumping and a little light downhill iam looking for some info on both.i know the morewood is not covered under warrenty for trail riding has anyone had any bother with it using it for anything other than 4x?and how is the rampants pivots and bearings holding up as iam warey of multi link bikes as i have had bother with them before thanks.
    Here is some more info on the rampant http://bansheebikes.blogspot.com/search/label/Rampant
    Just scroll down... there are pics, video, a magazine review, and some drawings of the pivots.
    Finally if you need more information just email Banshee and you can talk to the design engineer of the frame.
    One of the dudes working behind the scenes at Banshee.
    Banshee main site and our Blog

ride hard take risks
    I will assume both are available in Scotland easily. I'll be the outcast & say Morewood. It's a SP & is proving to be as great as the Heckler. The Morewood will be a sweet do all bike as far as the warranty dont kiss N tell.
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    yes its easy enough to get hold of both frames over here.i think i will go with the simplicity of the morewood.i had a santacruz bulit years ago and loved it