mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Mongoose pinn'r vs Scott voltage fr 30

Looking for new freeride bike around $2000 range. Looking for something that pedals, and jumps for around town. What bike would be better out of the pinnR or voltage fr?
    2011 transition 250
    2009 DB scapegoat

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted1
    Looking for new freeride bike around $2000 range. Looking for something that pedals, and jumps for around town. What bike would be better out of the pinnR or voltage fr?
    If it's going to be around town, but capable of freeridie stuff, and pedals, Mongoose Nugget. I've owned/ridden more than my share of bikes that category, and the Nugget really has been the best. Really...

Chip

What?
    I have ridden neither bike. But I ride a Boot'r, and it is the best pedalling DH bike I ever had. And It likes to jump. Also, you can find some real good deals on Mongoosehttp://www.giantnerd.com/index.php/m...-freeride.html

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I'm 5,7 160lbs. In trek frame sizes I'm a size 16 which is a small. How the sizes run with mongoose? Like some smalls I sat on where like xs and I seen some that looked like med frames.
    2011 transition 250
    2009 DB scapegoat

mtbr member
    I don't know much about Scott and I haven't owned a Mongoose 80's.but I have been looking at Mongoose DH and when time comes I will be buying myself a 09 Boot'R if there are still left out there; if not it will be a 10 Boot'R and maybe a 10 Pinn'R Forman in late 2011 early 2012. There is just no bike speced that good or evem close in that price range. OX/X9 drive train, Elixer brakes, RS Vivid shock, Boxxer team fork and the 09 has Elixer CR brakes, and A.D.D Lite/Jumping Flea wheelset. Everybody knows that bike Co, go cheesy on the wheels and that was a $500 wheelset at the time.
    Last edited by Drth Vadr; 05-10-2011 at 04:45 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    should i get small or med frame?
    2011 transition 250
    2009 DB scapegoat

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted1
    should i get small or med frame?
    I'd check it out with Mongoose, but from what I remember I'm a Med at 5'11.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    My good riding buddy loves his FR30. Oh soo much. I would rock that if I could.