Modern marvels

Printable View

• 01-11-2013
    hybridzeg8
    Modern marvels
    Had history channel on this morning and modern marvels: worlds strongest was on. It's a little old (2008) but my first time seeing it. They had darren berrecloth on it with his demo 8. They show how the frames made and the strength of the different parts of the frame. Also hard foes bikes on there. Both company's were claiming to have bombproof frames but only specialized showed there frame tests. Definitely worth checking out if u can find it. I was pretty pumped just to see them acknowledge DH Bikes and the how gnarly they've become.
  • 01-11-2013
    cyclelicious
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hybridzeg8 View Post
    Had history channel on this morning and modern marvels: worlds strongest was on. It's a little old (2008) but my first time seeing it. They had darren berrecloth on it with his demo 8. They show how the frames made and the strength of the different parts of the frame. Also hard foes bikes on there. Both company's were claiming to have bombproof frames but only specialized showed there frame tests. Definitely worth checking out if u can find it. I was pretty pumped just to see them acknowledge DH Bikes and the how gnarly they've become.

It's fun to learn that DH techology is being televised on mainstream media!
    I will keep an eye out for that program
  • 01-11-2013
    .WestCoastHucker.
  • 01-11-2013
    hybridzeg8
    ^^ is that your bike!?!?!?!?!?! what the hell happend to that thing lol i hope you got it on video
  • 01-11-2013
    hybridzeg8
    Foes on Modern Marvels - YouTube

found a little clip from foes youtube acount but it doesnt include the demo test which was the best part, they put tons of force on the frame. if i find it ill post it here
  • 01-11-2013
    hybridzeg8
    Modern Marvels 2008 Video - Pinkbike

heres the whole DH segment from pinbike, the demo machine test is insane, makes me wish i bought a demo lol
  • 01-11-2013
    slimphatty
    Foes Hydro = :D
  • 01-11-2013
    mtbnozpikr
    I saw that episode a few years ago and thought it was pretty darn cool. I always enjoy watching a mainstream media program of some sort on all of the sports and things I love.
  • 01-11-2013
    darkzeon
    2008 = 6 grand:eekster:

I got my 2008 Demo7 for 1k (although used). Not as light as the newer frames but, I'll take durability over weight anytime. Since, I can't afford to change frame every year or two. The new Demo would be my next bike but, till that time comes, I'm still very happy bashing my 7.
  • 01-12-2013
    SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hybridzeg8 View Post
    ^^ is that your bike!?!?!?!?!?! what the hell happend to that thing lol i hope you got it on video

yep...coming up short in Santa Barbara