Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Pirate!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    I'm still using one of three that I had installed on our bikes a number of years ago. The two that are no longer in use were sold along with the bikes upon which they were installed and, so far as I know, they're still in use.

The only issue I've had with the one on my bike was that the bottom portion of it came loose from the steerer tube one time. It was easy to fix; it's likely that I didn't tighten it adequately to begin with. (On that particular fork, it's difficult to access the tightening nut.)

My wife was using one of the dampers. I built her a new bike which used a headset that wasn't compatible with the Hopey damper. When she started riding her new bike, she immediately noticed and missed the damper. (She's adapted though.)
    Thanks for the follow up, I've been debating one for a few years and haven't pulled the trigger yet. But I'm in the process of building a new bike, and the time to consider one is now.

This place needs an enema
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cobb View Post
    Old thread revision, looking for long term use reports. Are any of the original posters to this page still using their Hopey? If not, why? How has it held up?
    I ride a Hopey and have for about 8 years now. Amazing little unit.

The caveat? Only on snow, where the damper helps to limit front wheel drift and wander.

I've tried to like them on dirt, but have never been able to adapt. They take control of the front of the bike, so now you're fighting the bike *and* the damper. Always ended up just turning it off for dirt, which is plenty easy to do.

Pirate!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee View Post
    I ride a Hopey and have for about 8 years now. Amazing little unit.

The caveat? Only on snow, where the damper helps to limit front wheel drift and wander.

I've tried to like them on dirt, but have never been able to adapt. They take control of the front of the bike, so now you're fighting the bike *and* the damper. Always ended up just turning it off for dirt, which is plenty easy to do.
    Thanks for the report Mike, I have a couple of friends that run a Hopey and swear by them, but I wanted to get an expanded opinion about these little units.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Hey Tim

Please reply to me regarding tbe two dampers I sent back to you, please !

Thank you

Richard Hayter
    Ireland

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Members who have read this thread: 13