mtbr member
    May 2013

min/max stanchion setting

newb here. i can't seem to find the answer that i am looking for google searching this. i picked up a 2007 Norco Atomik recently, previously set up by another rider with similar weight/height specs as me (great!)

i am looking at the bike and the fork specifically. i see min/max lines located on the stanchions of the Marzocchi Super T forks.

my question is... do these min/max lines adjust the travel of the fork? or is this just going to change the ride height of the front end? right now my bike is set up closer to the min line. would i see any benefit in running closer to the opposite end of the spectrum near the max setting?

it appears it would just raise the front end travel by about an inch, which i could see being beneficial for steeper sections of the trail.

Thanks for feedback/insight.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator

min/max stanchion setting

Quote Originally Posted by SkimSTi View Post
    newb here. i can't seem to find the answer that i am looking for google searching this. i picked up a 2007 Norco Atomik recently, previously set up by another rider with similar weight/height specs as me (great!)

i am looking at the bike and the fork specifically. i see min/max lines located on the stanchions of the Marzocchi Super T forks.

my question is... do these min/max lines adjust the travel of the fork? or is this just going to change the ride height of the front end? right now my bike is set up closer to the min line. would i see any benefit in running closer to the opposite end of the spectrum near the max setting?

it appears it would just raise the front end travel by about an inch, which i could see being beneficial for steeper sections of the trail.

Thanks for feedback/insight.
    Nothing to do with travel change.

Everything to do with ride height and frame angles.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    May 2013
    so was i correct to assume that more front end height (closer to the max line) would be more ideal for steeper terrain? or is this all personal preference.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Personal preference. Higher front end means slacker head angle and higher bb.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    More slack is better for steeper runs. Less slack (shorter fork) is better for pedaling, and tight turns.
    The guy yo' momma "act" like she don't know!