mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Mike Aitken Benefit Jump Jam in PA

http://bikevmb.com/?q=node/3221

There is a great Jump Jam to benefit Mike Aitken going down next weekend in Downingtown, PA. The trails are killer: super flowy and fun, and you'll see everyone there riding anything from 20" race bikes to full blown DH rigs. Good downhill jump lines, a pump track, morning XC ride and afternoon BBQ are on the schedule

So far there are several hundreds of dollars worth of prizes swag for this, from gracious companies like Haro, FOX Racing, QBP, e.13, Bern Helmets, EWR Bikes, Mountain Cycle, Premium Products, Fit, and so many others. We will be having a few contests (High Jump and Long Jump Nat'l Championships), moustache contest, a pump track derby and other things. There will be a raffle and a swag toss as well. There is also a killer food feast, 10:00am XC ride, as well as a local XC race at Marsh Creek you can attend (previous to the event, not part of it).

Recommended donation is $20.00. This event is going to be killer. Please, car pooling is a must. Email jay@ewrbikes.com or slopestylemtb@hotmail.com for more info, directions or prize table donations.

Donate at www.mikeaitken.com

See you there!

mtbr member
    Jay, I thought I'd add this...

Ted had posted no DH tires on the jumps. I'm assuming that is still in effect.
    Team _________

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Yeah, no big knobbies to tear up the jumps. Who rides DH tires on dirt jumps, anyway? Seriously, there is no need for big tires/knobs. Smooth = fast.