mtbr member
    Sep 2007

MED or SMALL 2011 BIG HIT II ?

All experience Male and Female riders . Took my daughters with me to Tristle , Winter Park past summer & now they are hooked . Both girls have background competing at the local & National level ABA ( BMX ) this is their fifth seasons and they like to try and compete in local DH events too . Bike shop in Northern CO. was good but it seems like they just wanted to sell what they have in the showroom or ( maybe because they are girl ?) . We tried a MED 2011 Specialize BIG HIT FSR II ( right price range for us but small is not available ) on the paved parking lot , hoping curve and doing sprinting etc., the girls likes the feel of this bike but I thinks MED is too long . Any input from all riders especially female is greatly appreciated .
    The girls are 5'5" and 5'8" 110 and 140 lbs . Doesn't have to be a perfect fit just wanted them to enjoy riding & help shortening the learning curve . Thanks

Uphill? What's that
    I have a couple of friends that ride 2010 bighits. Both are around 5'10". They are both riding the small frame.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I agree , the shops only carried MED , they can order 2010 SM ( single crown ) but it sound like I had to buy it which leaves out other brands / option . But thank you for your input its very helpful .

Uphill? What's that
    You might want to try looking for a giant dealer. I believe they sale small and extra small frames for the Faith which is not badly priced.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    I'm 5'11" 175 lbs. and I've always rode medium frames, I would think they need a small, but that's just my opinion. I'm pretty sure that they will get used to whatever you buy them though and probably love it.