mtbr member

New question here. Marzocchi Super T Pro tool?

I have a 2004 Marzocchi Super T Pro fork and want to service it.
    Where do you get the tool to remove the bolts from the lower legs of the fork? They made it so tight you can't use a regular socket. There must be some type of key or special socket to do this job. Also where can you find a diagram or exploded view of this fork?

dnt b a clwn thro it down
    Quote Originally Posted by WildStrain
    I have a 2004 Marzocchi Super T Pro fork and want to service it.
    Where do you get the tool to remove the bolts from the lower legs of the fork? They made it so tight you can't use a regular socket. There must be some type of key or special socket to do this job. Also where can you find a diagram or exploded view of this fork?
    You don't need a special tool.... Just a regular allen wrench or what ever it's called. And if you go to here http://www.marzocchi.com/System/2604/2004-bomber-en.pdf you will find the manual for the fork.
    [SIZE="3"]Throw it down NASTY. [/SIZE]

bg.
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swoop
    You don't need a special tool.... Just a regular allen wrench or what ever it's called. And if you go to here http://www.marzocchi.com/System/2604/2004-bomber-en.pdf you will find the manual for the fork.
    I believe he's refering to the 15mm nut at the bottom of the fork, regular sockets are too thick to fit. I've ground down a socket to fit, that's what the Marz tech told me to do.

dnt b a clwn thro it down
    Quote Originally Posted by bg.
    I believe he's refering to the 15mm nut at the bottom of the fork, regular sockets are too thick to fit. I've ground down a socket to fit, that's what the Marz tech told me to do.
    Well in that case, do that. I thought he was talking about the other one down there.....
    [SIZE="3"]Throw it down NASTY. [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swoop
    Well in that case, do that. I thought he was talking about the other one down there.....
    i dont know if it was just me getting lucky, but i found one that fit my 02 super t. it was an old craftsman socket... try to find one of them if you can other wise break out the dremmel

Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by thebikedoctor33
    i dont know if it was just me getting lucky, but i found one that fit my 02 super t. it was an old craftsman socket... try to find one of them if you can other wise break out the dremmel
    Yup, just grind it down.

mtbr member
    Ground it down on the old grinding wheel. Did not take long at all. Used a cheap 12 point socket in 12mm. The 12 point sockets seem to have a thinner side wall than the six points. I looked all over for a low profile socket for this job but could not find one thin enough. Better off just making your own. Marzocchi does have a tool for this for $30 mine cost $2.