Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    old school no.9

Marzocchi 2013 lineup?

Looks like limited line up compared to 2012.
    Album Marzocchi Line-Up 2013 - Fotoalbum auf MTB-News.de
    I love the smell of the TF2 chain lube in the morning.

RTM
    #1 Latex Salesman
    Less quantity, maybe they are focusing the effort on quality and innovation.

Hope that's it and this isn't a sign of them slowly exiting the bike market.
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of a low price is forgotten." - Benjamin Franklin

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I've been waiting forever for this. But I thought they were going with darker stanchions? It looks like they only did it with their lower end models.
    08 Enduro: '12 Van RC2, Push DHX 5 coil, Flow EX, Hope m4, 750mm bar, Blacklite Post.

Website
    http://all-mtn.com/

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    im guessing thats only a portion. new kashima-esque coating eh?

Professional Troll
    Ya I've heard they are dropping the 66 stuff cause the demand for the 55 is so high, and they are very similar forks at the end of the day. The 66 is really just heavier and taller.

Life Is Short
    That can't be right. Where's the all-mountain XC forks and the 29er forks? If thats
    the real deal, they are dealing themselves out of the market. The Corsa is out of the
    price range for most XC folks and remember bike brands are still selling loads of 29ers.

I thought maybe they would introduce a nice mid range 650b fork with 15mm or 20mm qr

Perpetual Hack
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini2k05 View Post
    Ya I've heard they are dropping the 66 stuff cause the demand for the 55 is so high, and they are very similar forks at the end of the day. The 66 is really just heavier and taller.
    ...and a h3ll of a lot stiffer.... 35 vs 38mm

May not mean much to the little guys, but us Clydes - we do care.
    I just bought a 66 for Gravity days, as my Lyric DH 170 is not enough fork as it turns into a bit of a noodle when the speed gets high and the ground gets gnarly. The 66 is rock solid where the Lyric is flexing.

I would have thought they would have gone to 2 forks per model - entry and full feature, and kept the line a bit fuller. By the pix, there are 4 - 55 models. I'm wondering if the pix are a bit short of a full product line??

michael
    A Dirtbag since 1969.
    A Knomer since 2007.

Knolly Podium V.2
    Knolly Delirium
    Knolly Delirium-T
    RM Slayer . . .

mtbr member
    I hope they come out with something soon. I am looking for a dual crown right now and BTI pulled the EVO ti from their website and don't have stock for the others.

BTI | Forks & Rear Shocks from Marzocchi
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

-cabra cadabra

RideDirt
    Damn no 66 ?? Thats lame , i was looking for a fork to use for gravity sessions as well ...

Professional Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by Calhoun View Post
    I hope they come out with something soon. I am looking for a dual crown right now and BTI pulled the EVO ti from their website and don't have stock for the others.

BTI | Forks & Rear Shocks from Marzocchi
    They've been out of stock on the 2011 888 Ti for several months now.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Love both my 66's, it'd be a shame to see that line go.
    Just another redneck with a bike

Professional Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by mykel View Post
    ...and a h3ll of a lot stiffer.... 35 vs 38mm

May not mean much to the little guys, but us Clydes - we do care.
    I just bought a 66 for Gravity days, as my Lyric DH 170 is not enough fork as it turns into a bit of a noodle when the speed gets high and the ground gets gnarly. The 66 is rock solid where the Lyric is flexing.

michael
    Nah, not really. I've hit plenty of 10+ foot step downs and 30+ foot gaps on a 35mm single crown. I'm about 220 or so. The stiffest possible fork is not always the best. The only reason the 888's are 38mm instead of 35 is marketing.

mtbr member
    AWesome!

Glad to Be Alive
    at the end of the day...the "thinkers and innovators" behind Marzocchi left and are starting a new company..This is to get away from dumb corporate owned of a small great company(Tenecco of Marz)....some great things are around the corner
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Dirt is Fun
    Apr 2011
    um i think it is safe to say Marz. is dust. The guys that actually developed anything worth riding on are gone. So yeah...can wait on them and have Suntour make your fork like all the past Marz since they left Italian manufacturing. Go Suntour!!!!! That is some bad a$$ $hit!

Professional Troll
    We live in an exciting time. I don't think DVO will have any legitimate production volumes for 12 months though probably. At least I hope they won't. Otherwise they aren't doing enough testing.

old school no.9
    I think that it is now official that 2013 lineup is limited to models mentioned (pictures) here:
    Marzocchi 2013: ein kleiner Vorgeschmack auf das kommende Jahr

No more 66 forks. Only one 44 model, which is Micro Switch TA. No more cheaper Marathon XC forks.
    I love the smell of the TF2 chain lube in the morning.

perpetual pucker factor
    well, that makes my decision a lot easier. I was seriously looking at a 66 for my upcoming 7" build, but if they're going to axe it, my guess is that parts and tech support for it will be tapering off rapidly as well. That's a shame. I had heard so many great things about the 66. Looks like it'll be a cage match between the Fox and Totem for my bike. Here's hoping that DVO will be able to produce suspension that works as well as the old Marz stuff did.
    tangaroo: What electrolytes do chicken and turkey have again?
    rck18: All of them, because they're meat.

RideDirt
    I had contacted Marzz a couple weeks ago about having the 66s for the new lineup and they said yes but now seeing this its confusing ... I have heard lots of good things about the 66 myself and was in the boat to give it a go and try it out ... Im in no rush with my build but i would like to start my parts list soon... I dont know if DVO will have products out in time ... Who knows

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I loved my 01 Shiver, and my 04 and 06 888's, just glad I never had some nightmares other people had. I guess we'll have to wait and see what will be comin' down the pike in the future from Marzocchi and how they hold up, also it'll be interesting to see what Bryson and the other former Marz guys bring to the table with their new venture.

pin it
    I currently have a Marazocchi 2009 170mm travel.on my Syren. I have blown the cartridge x3 (thats every year I've had it) and sent it back each time for warranty. Its now leaking oil but I'll ride it until it goes again (I have a Fox backup)

Once it goes I'll take my chances and send it to Marazocchi but I'm not sure it they will warranty it again.
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

Professional Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by charging_rhinos View Post
    well, that makes my decision a lot easier. I was seriously looking at a 66 for my upcoming 7" build, but if they're going to axe it, my guess is that parts and tech support for it will be tapering off rapidly as well. That's a shame. I had heard so many great things about the 66. Looks like it'll be a cage match between the Fox and Totem for my bike. Here's hoping that DVO will be able to produce suspension that works as well as the old Marz stuff did.
    They have plenty of 66's still in stock. They are legally bound to provide parts and service for them for 3 years. I think you'll be fine if you get one. I'd still just recommend a 55. That's what I'm rocking on my 7" mini DH bike.

mtbr member
    Well thats a shame, I freakin love the 66.
    Rigs:
    Specialized Rockhopper HT
    Trek 6500 HT
    Trek 3700 Disc HT (The son's)

mtbr member
    DVO will likely make a 66'esq fork

Not much here on 6" forks, and the article was published at the end of Feb, but:

Tenneco Marzocchi Suspension - News - Marzocchi Prototype Suspension
    I ride the ShortBus to school.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast