mtbr member
    ditching the bomber 66? what....
    08 Ironhorse Yakuza
    04 Santa Cruz V10
    15 Gravity Bullseye Monster
    04 Giant Simple

My craigslist for sale

RideDirt
    Just got this information in , im sure by then DVO will have something out.

Marzocchi Suspension (Official Page) Hi, 66 is not in the starting official line. Some distributors will include 66 CR tapered since it's still available from my12. We should be able to add 66 in production starting from spring 2013

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    http://www.marzocchi.com/Docs/Marzoc...-lineup-EU.pdf

Looks like it's official....

I sure hope DVO can rewind us to where marz was in 2007 or so - I'm bummed to see them fading.

Professional Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan_daugherty View Post
    DVO will likely make a 66'esq fork
    Not anytime soon. Late 2014 at the earliest.

old school no.9
    Hopefully not fading, just rearrenging.

From Vital MTB:

"First of all, Marzocchi's 2013 line will be manufactured by Hodaka, who previously manufactured their rear shocks. Hodaka is a short term solution for Marzocchi, though, as they plan to create their own manufacturing plant and assembly line a few years down the road. Model year 2013 brings a lot of changes to Marzocchi's lineup, and they've reduced their range from 40 models to just 13. The new goal is to specialize in premium products rather than making a fork for every application.

Aside from the change in manufacturers, the 888 RC3 EVO V2 (left) gets a minor upgrade internally for 2013. Based on rider feedback from their World Cup racers, they adjusted the shim stack to help keep the fork higher in its travel over high speed chatter. Be on the lookout for a completely new downhill fork and rear shock from Marzocchi in the future...
    "
    2013 Marzocchi 888 Forks - New Mountain Bike Components at Eurobike 2012 - Mountain Biking Pictures - Vital MTB
    I love the smell of the TF2 chain lube in the morning.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Are the 888 Cr's a good set of forks?

RTM
    #1 Latex Salesman
    Quote Originally Posted by miqu View Post
    Hopefully not fading, just rearrenging.

From Vital MTB:

"First of all, Marzocchi's 2013 line will be manufactured by Hodaka, who previously manufactured their rear shocks. Hodaka is a short term solution for Marzocchi, though, as they plan to create their own manufacturing plant and assembly line a few years down the road. Model year 2013 brings a lot of changes to Marzocchi's lineup, and they've reduced their range from 40 models to just 13. The new goal is to specialize in premium products rather than making a fork for every application.

Aside from the change in manufacturers, the 888 RC3 EVO V2 (left) gets a minor upgrade internally for 2013. Based on rider feedback from their World Cup racers, they adjusted the shim stack to help keep the fork higher in its travel over high speed chatter. Be on the lookout for a completely new downhill fork and rear shock from Marzocchi in the future...
    "
    2013 Marzocchi 888 Forks - New Mountain Bike Components at Eurobike 2012 - Mountain Biking Pictures - Vital MTB
    This all sounds promising but time will tell.

- Rob
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of a low price is forgotten." - Benjamin Franklin

Professional Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by SKS09 View Post
    Are the 888 Cr's a good set of forks?
    Yes, they are very good. Some of their pro's actually prefer them to the evo v2's.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini2k05 View Post
    Yes, they are very good. Some of their pro's actually prefer them to the evo v2's.
    Do you have any examples of pros that prefer the CR damper? I'm curious about that damper in the 55. I'm thinking of getting the CR model, or is it better to go for the spendier Micro Switch TA? I'm not into the travel adjuster. The CR seems less complex overall...
    Last edited by Pas de Dopage; 12-28-2012 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Clarity

Professional Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by Pas de Dopage View Post
    Do you have any examples of pros that prefer the CR damper? I'm curious about that damper in the 55. I'm thinking of getting the CR model, or is it better to go for the spendier Micro Switch TA? I'm not into the travel adjuster. The CR seems less complex overall...
    Some of their freeride guys. I can't remember the names now. Schley I think was one of them.

I really like my 55 CR. I did a bunch of days at Northstar and other trails around tahoe, pushed it pretty hard. I'd go with that over the micro switch for sure.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini2k05 View Post
    Some of their freeride guys. I can't remember the names now. Schley I think was one of them.

I really like my 55 CR. I did a bunch of days at Northstar and other trails around tahoe, pushed it pretty hard. I'd go with that over the micro switch for sure.
    Cool, thanks for the reply.

mtbr member
    What a sham. They're just having every possible manufacturer under the sun make their stuff for them? WTF is that......

So... who knows where your parts will actually come from once you blow out a cartridge or need a new set of seals.

Can't wait to see what DVO has in store for us.
    Rigs:
    Specialized Rockhopper HT
    Trek 6500 HT
    Trek 3700 Disc HT (The son's)

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    66 shown in this shot with Gold Race stanchions and 2013 style decals. Fingers crossed it'll be a late release for 2013.

mtbr member

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Marzocchi will be back with a vengeance sooner than you think!

To all the naysayers:
    Go to Bicycle Retailer and Industry News and search for Marzocchi, they are ready to return to give us the best suspension ever!

The folks at Zokes got thrown under the bus by Suntour so they could make their own lineup faster and better by stealing the technology from Marz. The Italians will get their revenge. (Never cross guys in suits named Guido or Sal) Once they dust themselves off we'll see some great forks for all genres!

mtbr member
    DVO is having SR Suntour make their forks for them. FYI.
    Friends don't let friends ride cheap junk!

Professional Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by Eze1 View Post

The folks at Zokes got thrown under the bus by Suntour so they could make their own lineup faster and better by stealing the technology from Marz. The Italians will get their revenge.
    Uhhh, clearly you have absolutely NO idea what you're talking about.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Eze1 View Post
    DVO is having SR Suntour make their forks for them. FYI.
    Steamy.. if true...

Professional Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRage43 View Post
    Steamy.. if true...
    Suntour being the mfg. for DVO has been public and well known for along time now, ever since DVO came to be. It's never been any secret.

all day long
    I'd listen to Gemini, he knows what's up. I do and learn a lot from his posts.
    Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules.

RideDirt
    +2 . Old news

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=Eze1;10212994
    The folks at Zokes got thrown under the bus by Suntour so they could make their own lineup faster and better by stealing the technology from Marz. The Italians will get their revenge. (Never cross guys in suits named Guido or Sal) Once they dust themselves off we'll see some great forks for all genres![/QUOTE]

This statement couldn't be any further than the truth. Some quick fact checking will tell a much different story but in the end Marzocchi will rebound and be back on top of their game in a year or so.

N.
    SR Suntour warranty/technical advisor

Professional Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by DickemDown View Post
    I'd listen to Gemini, he knows what's up. I do and learn a lot from his posts.
    Wow, did hell freeze over? Someone complemented me on a message board. I think I've failed in my internet mission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2