No Fear

Marz DJ 2 Stuck damper

I have a Marzocchi DJ 2 2008 over here . the problem is that it only travels for 2 CMs.

Its been unused in the barn for over 4 months and now as I want to put it under a rig this issue come out.

I pulled out the damper . And **** it’s a SR Suntour damper . un serviceable . .Every thing is in a compact unit . Nothing can be changed or fixed.

The damper its self is the problem as the rod wouldn’t go in the damper body more that 2 Cms.

Whats the problem here? Any body has had the same issue ?

Could I open the damper body from the nut on the bottom and release the pressure . in order to soften it . I mean releasing its gas and only using it as a rebound damping ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Marz DJ 2 Stuck damper-img_6776.jpg  

KoNa KiD
    Apr 2007
    hit up wookiefreeride, he had the exact same issue and turned it into an open bath system by drilling the cylinder in a few places. works 10 times better then before
    Pedalshop
    [SIZE="4"]Transition Bike Co.[/SIZE]

dont touch the dirt

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lax30
    hit up wookiefreeride, he had the exact same issue and turned it into an open bath system by drilling the cylinder in a few places. works 10 times better then before
    Only way your gonna get that cart working again is by drilling it to turn it into an open bath damper

BTW, removing that nut on the bottom wont release anything, its simply a spacer on the base of the cart.

Check this thread for instructions on how to drill the cart

Marzocchi 55r damper blocks

Be warned it doesn't work 100% of the time...

No Fear
    ThanX a lot frineds . Earned back 200 Bucks with this solution.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by SABER_MTB
    ThanX a lot frineds . Earned back 200 Bucks with this solution.

so it worked??
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

No Fear
    Yeah i made only two holes. The rebound is a little weak. tops out when too much pressure in the air side.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I think the fact that you made two holes is what's giving you the trouble.

I lowered a 55R a couple of weeks ago. I only drillied one 1/8 hole about 8/10th's of the way down the rebound gas tube. It seems to be working pretty good but I'll let you know when I case a landing or two. That will be the test.

Make sure you fill the oil back to the same cc's as you found it. Too much you blow the seals. Too little and sometimes that will create the problem you're having.

Those Zokes don't like alot of air pressure so don't get crazy.

Well look at it this way... now you can go buy a new fork
    I'm going to rob banks til I retire or get caught. Either way I'm set for life

No Fear
    Thank you junkie. Good info.
    I have a nother one from a friend who has tha same problem . Ill test one hole for this one.

he had told me about his issue but i didnt pay much attention thought the casing might be dry till it happened to my fork. ( not on my rig the fork was for sale )

But ill look the thing this way:
    Marzocchi is dead .

No Fear
    Today I had another Sr Zocchi with the same problem.

And think found why it works only some times. First I drilled a hole .A litlle fluid came out with pressure. Then I tried the damper it was traveling but only for 4 Cms.
    Then had another look at the hole and put pressure on the damper. Something metallic went up and down in it bit never went off the hole to let pressure come out.

Then I drilled one a bit lower than the first one. Prsssssssssssssssss fluid was in my mouth and eyes. So it was alright then.

I cant see whats going on inside the damper maybe the times this method doest work you drill the hole somewhere in the internals that wont let pressure come out. The exact place for the hole is the one mentioned before. 3 Cms from the bottom.

This time I drilled only one hole but 4 mm in Diam. But still was too soft with top out think a 2.5 mm Diam. It perfect.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Marz DJ 2 Stuck damper-img_6783.jpg