mtbr member
    Feb 2006

manitou sherman flick plus

so i just ordered a manitou sherman flick plus and i was just wondering what you guys think i am going to be putting it on my p1

Meh.
    I've always been happy with my Shermans. Are you using it for FR or DJ/Urban? Shermans are notoriously undersprung, so unless you plan on reducing it, get the x-firm springs. Don't huck in the lowered position, you'll break the "wings" in the travel adjsuter. If you want to reduce the travel, let me know.

w3rd.
    Sherman's own:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Meh.

There's a Sherman I knocked down to 100mm. I've reduced them all the way down to 65mm.

Sherman Frankenfly on my old bike.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    cool thanks yea i plan on doing a little bit of fr and dj and maybe some skate park

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenh_3
    cool thanks yea i plan on doing a little bit of fr and dj and maybe some skate park
    You should have no problem at all. Sherman Flick Plus are sweet ass forks! Running on my Heckler now and it brings that bike to life! Super plush / low stiction and tons of travel for my bony ass. I'm about 150 lbs and it's fine for all of the drops I've hit < 5' to flat.

Enjoy!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    you will like it, shermans are sweet forks, i have one on my AC1, its got super smooth travel, but seems as said before to be a little undersprung. I might get buy the firmer springs for mine.
    Live to Ride
    Ride to Live
    [SIZE=2]
    Mountain Biking - "A mode of transportation that combines the strenuousness of continuous pushups with the comfort of falling down a flight of steps in a shopping cart." Newsweek 7-19-93[/SIZE]

My For Sale Parts List Here PM for info

mtbr member
    how much difference does the thru axle make? I would use this for AM / lite FR and the odd DH run - have regular QR wheels just now so would have to buy a new front wheel if I wanted the thru axle.

mtbr member
    So did I. Not one single regret. Tracks solid lines through rock gardens and makes for really predictable turns and lines. Many times I expected to crash yet somehow tracked through sketchiness unscathed.

The 20 mm thru-axle was 1/2 the reason to upgrade to the Sherman Flick Plus based on positive experience with Sherman Slider Plus on my DH bike. No regrets.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    haha hey will... that camo sherman will reduced is my fork. I use it for dirt jump and urban and couldnt ask for anything more!

Meh.
    Yeah, yours is one of the better ones. I valved it too. Let me know if the rubber spacers aren't holding up. On the more recent ones, I've been using metal washers. I have this stuff I dip tool handles in, it's like rubber and it keeps them from rattling around.