mtbr member
    May 2004

Mad Props To Bobby Acuna and Manitou

So I'm guessing you all heard my troubles with Marzocchi and how they "lost" my fork. So long story short I ordered a used Sherman Slider Plus(day after Marzocchi calls and tells me they found the fork and are sending it back). So of course I keep the Slider plus and end up selling the Drop Off Triple for 310 so I still payed only 1400 for my Stinky with upgraded fork. So back to Manitou. I ride the Slider and it feels awesome so much better than the drop off triple and a few weeks ago it started to leak. So I e-mail Manitou with my problem and end up talking to Bobby Acuna. I tell him my problem and tell him I want to look into getting the 05 internals and camo Paint. Today I got an E-mail and he asks me for my mailing address so he can set up the repairs and upgrades at no charge. All I can say is that I am completely psyched with their customer service(Much better than Marzocchi).
    [SIZE=5]"~PuNkTuRe HaTs~"[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]~Chase Williams
    ~Tyler Stripp
    ~Neil Streiff[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Check This For Custom Hats [/SIZE] http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1445112#post1445112

Authority is dead!

yep

Second that! Bobby is on top of things.
    [SIZE=5]For the love of Oi[/size]

[size=6]Rent a house at Attitash[/size]

mtbr member
    May 2004

True

What did he do for you
    [SIZE=5]"~PuNkTuRe HaTs~"[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]~Chase Williams
    ~Tyler Stripp
    ~Neil Streiff[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Check This For Custom Hats [/SIZE] http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1445112#post1445112

Authority is dead!

well

Replaced leaking shock without proof of purchase,but downgraded from 6way to 4way. Hey, still better than nothing!
    [SIZE=5]For the love of Oi[/size]

[size=6]Rent a house at Attitash[/size]

mtbr member
    I gotta agree. Bobby was super awesome when I dealt with him as well. I had a Slider that I purchased second hand. I stripped one of the bolts, and emailed to see about replacement bolts. I fgured I'd have to pay for them, because I wasn't expecting anything beyond that with the second hand fork. But, he sent me a full set out right away, at no charge. They happened to be the wrong bolts, and I felt bad about writing back to tell him. But when I did, he totally understood, and sent me a full set of the correct bolts, also at no charge. I know a couple sets of bolts isn't much... but the service was awesome anyway.
    Ninjas are awesome

Hung Like a Lightswitch
    Feb 2004
    I've worked in the fastener industry, so I know those bolts only cost them about $0.05 each plus postage, but the point is this: isn't that great customer service as well as grest customer relations when they'll send you $0.30 worth of bolts for free when others want to charge you $3.00??? If I worked in the bike industry, giving away bolts would be common place cuz now how likely are you to purchase a Manitou product again???...I'd say VERY likely!

Former Noob Herder
    Quote Originally Posted by hbfrdh1
    I've worked in the fastener industry, so I know those bolts only cost them about $0.05 each plus postage, but the point is this: isn't that great customer service as well as grest customer relations when they'll send you $0.30 worth of bolts for free when others want to charge you $3.00??? If I worked in the bike industry, giving away bolts would be common place cuz now how likely are you to purchase a Manitou product again???...I'd say VERY likely!
    yeah i dont know why extra bolts dont come with frames and parts and general. I mean, you pay 2000$ for a wicked frame and get no extra replacement parts. I'd rather pay 2005$ and get a full replacement set, instead of scrambling for replacements when needed.

If i ever start building bikes, things are gonna be different....
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslingger
    no doubt you must have majored in english or something rad!!!