mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Lucky 7 Rear Hub Spacing

Is it 135mm or 150mm? I need new hubs...looking at Nukeproof. Thanks

Underskilled
    Don't look at Nukeproof.
    Their subaxle does not support the interface between the freehub and the shell causing a twist in the pawls under heavy power. This makes some of them misengage, then too much force through only a few pawls which then shatter.

If Nukeproof had not been a dick to me on the customer support side of things I would not go out of my way *****ing about them.

So lousy product backed up by lousy customer support.

The design I am currently very interested in is the high engagment 150mm hub soon to be released by superstar. 120 engagment points on a DH hub at a cheap price =-)

no idea about your frame though.

if it is 135 the hope pro2 is a stunning piece of kit, their 150 is spaced weird though.

I should add that the method of faliure on the nukeproof is an educated guess. 3 sets of pawls blown in a matter of weeks. Every time i phoned them up 'wow we have never had any pawls fail before' believed them first time, yet on the third time, when Iknow I have had them fail twice I do a bit of research, it is a common problem. bastards
    Why would I care about 150g of bike weight, I just ate 400g of cookies while reading this?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Ei, thanks for being straight forward on the Nukes, I appreciate it, at least I can look somewhere else. Options, options....

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    150mm use Hadley
    Boycott Big Bear!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmike00
    150mm use Hadley
    Thanks, now I know... This was my list before finding out about the nukies going bad and not getting good support. Skipping the DaBomb...

1. Nukeproof
    2. Hope Pro 2
    3. DaBomb
    4. Hadley
    500. Chris King - too freaking expensive and I ain't going for bling.

Underskilled
    You are not just paying for bling with CK, the hubs design is stunning.

Taking mine apart it is the complete opposite of the Pro 2.

The pro2 is a simple design executed perfectly, the CK is so so over-engineered it is amazing.

I have heard good things about the Hadely from the USA crowd, but they are not supposed to be sealed that well so would not trust over here.
    Why would I care about 150g of bike weight, I just ate 400g of cookies while reading this?