Check out Epic Cycles
    Jan 2007

Good job! Loose Uppers on Brand New 66 Fork?

Hey there, I just wanted to know if anybody has run into this problem? I have a brand new 2009 or 2010 Marzocchi 66 RCV Fork and it has only been used for a few hours of riding and I noticed a creaking sound and figured out that my Upper Tubes are loose where they rnter the lower part of the fork at the seal area it has someplay and seems to be loose either internally or something else? I have no idea and I have ridden 66 forks for years and never seen this happen. I have no cracks or anything that I cansee and like I said its brand new. Does anybody know what the problem could be? I have a message in with Marzocchi but they are gone for the holidays so I wont be able to get an appointment unitil at least next week
    I hope its nothing serious because I know Marzocchi has had many problems lately from loosing their dist. and loosing their best employees to start up their own new company which you all im sure know already? So hopefully they stay in Business so people like me who like their products can get all Warranty issues taken care of.

Please any advise will help I know somebody has the answer to my question? Thanks guys!

mtbr member
    Some 2009 66s had 2 problems:
    1. bad bushings=sloppy fit between lowers and uppers. Noticeable knock and slop. You can see it and hear it.
    2. Creaking from stanchions/crown junction

You can consider 2008/2009 the "bad" Marzocchi years.

Most 2010 and onward 66s were solid.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    as the other guy said, 08-09-10 were crappy years for marz,,,, i bought a 08 55ata for my brother and had nohing but troubble with it, they were sent back for beubild/repair 3 times in 6 months before they went in the bin, this was our first and last experiance with marzocchi, i will never use their products again. everyone keeps telling me how the 2010.11.12 products are great, but for me its once bitten twice shy. i learn from my mistakes, it was an expensive one to make, blowing arround 1100 bucks on an inferior fork, but hey you live and learn

Glad to Be Alive
    call marz and ask about a replacement
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Check out Epic Cycles
    Jan 2007

I talk to Marzocchi? I Need Lowers Replaced:(

So I finally was able to get ahold of Marzocchi this morning after being gone for the holiday since last week. I came to find out they only have one Tech working there now, Ronnie and all the old school guys split the company and are working with a New company which you all already know about, I wont say names.... What the tech at Marzocchi told me over the phone is he is sure its the bushings internally that are no good and the complete lowers need to be replaced and even know its Brand Spankin New and ridden only a few small rides Im very unhappy about this and never seen this on any fork, and Ive run 66 and 888 forks for years So Im going out there this week and I have to drop off the fork and he said its a 2 week turnaround which sucks because its the off season, and with only one tech on the clock he has a backup of work. He told me the complete lowers will need to be replaced ans it will be covered under warranty. So I will be happy to get it repaired but will he give me the same lowers so it hapens again and it Marzocchi going to be around much longer because I have heard alot of bad things going down over there so hopefully they can keep it rolling and bring back that great customer service they always offered, but otherwise Im giving thema chance bc they have always taken care of me in the past so hopefully they will this time as he said he will take care of me oer the phone so I will check back with an update on how the service is! Things to break down and hopefully once I get it fixed it will be better then ever! Cheers

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Yeah, those years have hurt marz in most people's eyes. My 2011 fork hasn't had issues yet, and hopefully they've got the kinks worked out and continue to produce some great forks.

I can say that in my one or two dealings with their customer service is that its top notch, I'll continue to do business with them in the future.
    Just another redneck with a bike

Professional Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by colburnracing View Post
    So I finally was able to get ahold of Marzocchi this morning after being gone for the holiday since last week. I came to find out they only have one Tech working there now, Ronnie and all the old school guys split the company and are working with a New company which you all already know about, I wont say names.... What the tech at Marzocchi told me over the phone is he is sure its the bushings internally that are no good and the complete lowers need to be replaced and even know its Brand Spankin New and ridden only a few small rides Im very unhappy about this and never seen this on any fork, and Ive run 66 and 888 forks for years So Im going out there this week and I have to drop off the fork and he said its a 2 week turnaround which sucks because its the off season, and with only one tech on the clock he has a backup of work. He told me the complete lowers will need to be replaced ans it will be covered under warranty. So I will be happy to get it repaired but will he give me the same lowers so it hapens again and it Marzocchi going to be around much longer because I have heard alot of bad things going down over there so hopefully they can keep it rolling and bring back that great customer service they always offered, but otherwise Im giving thema chance bc they have always taken care of me in the past so hopefully they will this time as he said he will take care of me oer the phone so I will check back with an update on how the service is! Things to break down and hopefully once I get it fixed it will be better then ever! Cheers
    The new lowers will be fine. They will put 2010 or later lowers on there, which are fantastic.