mtbr member

Light DH/Freeride Trails in Mt Seymour (North Shore)?

Okay, I have to see some of this hero dirt everyone's been raving about. I've got half a day to do it tomorrow. I was told Mt. Seymour was the closest place I can do some riding (I'm renting a Norco Range from a bike shop nearby). I've only got mostly XC gear so I don't plan on doing anything gonzo... so can the locals tell me which trails to hit? I'm being shuttled to the top of the mountain, but it's all solo from that point. Again, I plan to do some light DH trails and then most XC/technical from that point on... about 20 miles should do it. Appreciate your input.

mtbr member
    Nevermind. I figured it out. Ended up renting a bike from "Different Bikes" on Parkgate (really, really cool guys). Got driven up to the top of Mt Seymour and stalked a car with a Knolly full DH bike. Talked to the guy at the lot (Jason) and he was more than willing to show me CVC (and then I'm on my own he says). Followed him as best as I could (he was hanging back a fair bit) and then at the split, pointed me down Ned's Atomic Dust Bin. Rode that down til I could barely see Bridle Path, and hit some other diamond runs at the lower section of the mountain (Prospector? and some other trail). Got oput to Hyannis and pedaled back to the shop to have the front brake looked at. The guy was pretty busy and just waived my daily rental fee! Man, what an awesome day! North Shore riding is definitely up there with my N* experience. And I'm told I haven't seen the prettiest ones yet. These guys are lucky!

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Glad you had a good day, but as a Seymour local (I live at the bottom), I feel I must apologize for CBC. The Shore has so much better to offer.

Even when it is in 'good' shape, CBC still kinda sucks. Even on a DH bike it will loosen your dental work. It sees a massive amount of traffic. Currently it is in the worst shape ever. Rock armoring was a technique that has proven to be a bad idea. Neds is generally not much better.

For the bike you had, Mt Fromme is the place to ride. Many options of different types of trails.

mtbr member
    NS-NV, if these trails were below par, I can't wait to see what you guys consider "nice" trails! The guy at the shop did insist I try Fromme, but I was already (well, I'm still here actually) at the base of Mt Seymour (just a block away from Safeway) so it was obvious I had to do this mountain first.

Unfortunately, yesterday is the last day of riding for me, but I will be back next year. The Norco Range did fine yesterday, and I was able to pedal it on Bridle Path. Planning to bring my own bike this time. So All-Mountain it is next year, then?