Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member

Lifecycles Film... At The Collective Level?

Hope this isnt a repost already, but check this out.. This looks pretty radical. The HD stuff is spot on and even their ads for Saint stuff are badass and compelling. I cannot wait until this comes out.. Pre-Order for sure. The site can do more justice than I can. Be sure to check out the photos.. Sickeningly cool.
    http://www.lifecyclesfilm.com/
    Worthy of mentioning in the same sentence as the Collective? I think it looks promising.
    Cheers
    Erik

mtbr member
    You say HD....does that mean that they're going to offer a Blu-ray? Need MTB Blu-rays!
    Gotta get up to get down.
    LMB

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    I'm currently watching NWD9 on Bluray and it's so worth it... The helmet cam shot of Cam Zink backflipping is un-FN-real...

Yeah-more Bluray please. I'm holding out for that re-release of "Ride to the hills." LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

Bike Hustler
    Yeeah dude...I'm in!

I'd be down for pre-order even.
    [SIZE="4"]SHAM-WOW[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    yaa looks siick. high quality footage thats fo sho

Freetard.
    Those pictures are incredible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Khemical
    Those cables on the Socom look flexy

Ideas Above My Station...
    Those Saint ad's are brilliantly done. I'm impressed.

Websites very cool too, but i don't get it, are they bringing a MTb film out, the 'teaser' is quite abstract?
    Its All Downhill From Here....!

mtbr member
    Agreed, everything is beautifully done, even the ads make me want to ride.
    I wouldnt mind having some of the new Saint bits too.

Taken from the NSMB site.
    "Life Cycles is a mountain bike film currently being produced by acclaimed cycling photographer Derek Frankowski and accomplished filmmaker Ryan Gibb. The cutting edge project promises to redefine the bike film landscape... Shot in super HD on a Red One camera and featuring some of the industry’s top pros, Frankowski and Gibb have already spent years on the project, quietly amassing some of the most revolutionary action sequences ever caught on film."

mtbr member
    The pic that caught my eye. The unique landscapes they use are really impressive and progressive. The shot with Semenuk in the corn field is unreal.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bike Hustler
    Its great that they've been "amassing sequences for years for the project" but I also have to say it might be silly to see shots of dudes riding 05' Sundays and 06' SX trails (even in HD) if it gets released even a year from now.
    [SIZE="4"]SHAM-WOW[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Very nice work there...

dontcha?
    looks promising after being severely disappointed by latitudes i'm looking forward to this..
    "The future belongs to those that believe in the beauty of their dreams."

wait...what?
    friggin awesome...definate preorder

Now with More Wood
    Quote Originally Posted by edray
    Hope this isnt a repost already, but check this out.. This looks pretty radical. The HD stuff is spot on and even their ads for Saint stuff are badass and compelling. I cannot wait until this comes out.. Pre-Order for sure. The site can do more justice than I can. Be sure to check out the photos.. Sickeningly cool.
    http://www.lifecyclesfilm.com/
    Worthy of mentioning in the same sentence as the Collective? I think it looks promising.
    Cheers
    Erik
    Promising yes, but it's a bit premature to want to compare it to the work of the Collective...we've only seen 10 seconds of bike riding so far....(but yes, that shot in the prairie looks VERY cool....).

mtbr member
    Better than the Collective and I haven't even seen it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I have seen the collective and this looks alot better, taking it to a whole other level.

Now with More Wood
    Quote Originally Posted by csermonet
    I have seen the collective and this looks alot better, taking it to a whole other level.
    A whole other level? You can tell already?

To me, Seasons was one of the best films all time, so "a whole new level" sounds pretty exciting.

mtbr member
    Nobody can touch the collective today. Nobody has even come close yet. I will keep and eye on these guys, as it would be cool to have more killer MTB footage, but until they actually produce something that can even be mentioned int he same sentence as the collective, I remain unconvinced.
    Stuff.

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Quote Originally Posted by dropmachine.com
    Nobody can touch the collective today. Nobody has even come close yet. I will keep and eye on these guys, as it would be cool to have more killer MTB footage, but until they actually produce something that can even be mentioned int he same sentence as the collective, I remain unconvinced.
    Too bad they don't have Seasons on Bluray. There are parts of it that look horrid compared to the Bluray NWD9 I just got... I would re-purchase every Collective film I have if they go hi-def.
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman2058
    A whole other level? You can tell already?

To me, Seasons was one of the best films all time, so "a whole new level" sounds pretty exciting.
    Can you not see that everything from the cinematography and the soundtrack that it is something totally different than anything that has ever been done before? Not necessarily better I suppose but a whole different level as in something different.

Now with More Wood
    Quote Originally Posted by csermonet
    Can you not see that everything from the cinematography and the soundtrack that it is something totally different than anything that has ever been done before? Not necessarily better I suppose but a whole different level as in something different.
    Yes, it does look like it may be something different, Don't get me wrong, I look forward to seeing it out, that's for sure. It would be a sad day if progress stopped now. I just thought it was a bit premature to be classifying it as being on a whole new level, especially after seeing so little of it...

wretch
    I would say that from the Cinematography and sound track syncing, and the attention to detail and lighting that they are a sure contender, if not better, speaking purely artistically.
    Perhaps The Collective has a step up on the core (riders, lifestyle, stunts and speed) side of things (and we've actually seen their killer flicks) but I think the cinematography and filming style from just the snippets that we've seen speak very highly about their potential.

However you can make a preview look like a killer movie. . . the flick's gotta be good until the end with no filler, just like The Collective.

mtbr member
    I believe that The Collective filmaker group has kind of broken up a bit... The new production company is called Anthill Films. I believe they have a website and though the teaser has some old Collective shots in it, there is some new and fresh stuff in there as well. Baller.

But yeah, I do like the Lifecycles film thus far based on the teaser... But I REALLY hope it's not just a whole bunch of super artsy cornfield dirtjump shots. Dirt Jumping is cool to watch, but it does kind of get old after about 5 minutes.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    there's potential... that shot looks great. You can't assume the rest of the movie will be just as good though... it could suck. We all hope it doesn't of course, but it could.

mtbr member
    I am just as eager to Czech it out. No matter how good it is though, deep in my heart and loins, it will never be as good as the Collective. This new flick may have all the new bells and whistles and crazy shots, but The Collective has soul and passion. [Not saying this new one wont] T.C. was the first movie that made me actually want to get out and ride. That, I believe is what a good Mountain Bike movie should do.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast