mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Kona Stinky Upgrade suggestions

I just purchased a used 2011 kona stinky and ive been riding it and i feel that the suspension isnt large eniugh to handle the large drops. I can feel the suspension bottoming out and i was wondering if this can be fixed by adjusting the suspension. On the rear shock i have it twisted as tight as i can twist it to make it stiffer. And it still bottoms out. And on the front shock i was wondering if you can adjust it so it dampens any better. Also if there are any major parts with this bike that need to be upgraded could someone let me know? If i cant do much to the suspension then what should i upgrade to? Im new in this sport and progressing fast so i want this bike to be able to handle almost anything without sketching out too much. I appreciate all the help i can get thanks!!!!!!

RideDirt
    First tip , should of read up and understood the basics of suspension and tuning .

Anyways , if your bottoming out then you need a stiffer spring , and adjust compression accordingly as well .. Goodluck

Pro Crastinator
    it sounds like you need a heavier spring. you shouldn't have to tighten it up that much to make a difference...

(edit: learn some punctuation)

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    what kinda shock? maybe it just needs a rebuild. I just sent my old fox vanilla r into fox and they told me they could rebuild it for 100-150$ or send me a brand new fox float for 130$. i told em to send the float my way!

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by JFD27 View Post
    what kinda shock? maybe it just needs a rebuild. I just sent my old fox vanilla r into fox and they told me they could rebuild it for 100-150$ or send me a brand new fox float for 130$. i told em to send the float my way!
    It's just the shock that comes with the stock 2011 stinky but I got it at a rental shop and they used it as one of their rental bikes so try just rebuilt the shock... I guess I just don't really know much on how they are supposed to feel cause it's my first bike. I'm only 14 years old so thanks for all the help!!