mtbr member

Kona Operator DH?

Just wondering what everyone thought about the Operator DH (not the supreme)? Seems like a decent deal for under $3k.

Anyone have experience on it?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    The bike is pretty sick, low center of gravity, slack head angle, 12 mm axle, low stand over...everything I would look for if I was buying a new DH sled. I have been on a demo the last few years but this one has always been a consideration for sure.

mtbr member
    Look up the Kona site. Dirt mag had a review on it that Kona posted on their site

mtbr member
    I am riding an Operator FR and my friend bought an Operator DH. My experience on the FR has been very good. The rear end feels awesome and seems to have much less brake jack then previous Konas I have owned. "Coiler, and Magic Link Coilair" The thing that really shines on this bike is it is SILENT going down the trail. There is little to no chain slap that is audible. You just hear suspension moving and tires hitting the ground...its WEIRD! The Avid Code R brakes are AWESOME! Fantastic power and great modulation. Kona really took the best aspects of the stinky and stab and put them together. The operator has the pop of the stinky on jumps and the travel of the stab with less weight. Mine weighs in right at 40 Ibs bone stock medium frame...pretty impressive. It has great stability on rocky DH trails and feels very maneuverable at the same time. The bike is incredibly stiff. My biggest complaint is the POS pedals that the FR comes stock with "however note that the DH version comes with better ones." I am looking at eventually upgrading the Domain to either a Boxxer or Totem because I am itching for more adustability. So over all, I think the Operator series is a awesome, and highly recommend it.
    If I want your opinion, I will give give it to you...

You got like 3 feet of air that time... -Napoleon Dynamite