the fat kid

King Fisher 1 for a noob?

I currently ride a GF HiFi, lots of AM/XC riding for a few years now. Me and my buddy just did the downhill course at 7springs in central PA. It was a blast and I love the downhill, but I definitly wasnt as comfortable on the big hit stuff, but definitly want to get into it.

SO, there is a King Fisher at the local LBS forsale, old stock new, marked at 1399. I know I shouldnt buy it and get into a 29er or something more my style, but its been pulling at me like crazy!

My question, me going from a 25lb 5" HiFi to the King fish... am i going to hate it? there isn't a ton of straight downhill/freeride stuff around me, so i'd be still with my single track guys a lot. Just looking for some input. Thanks guys.
    I ride faster than I should.

mtbr member
    You'll love it and want to sell your hiFi. Your Lyrca wearing XC buddies will get jealous and follow suit as well.

Welcome to the dark side. By the way, $1400 is a killer deal.

mtbr member
    Where from? Im from PGH, kinda pointless to sell the HiFi when you can still ride it at home. Im also looking into buying a DH bike specifically for the springs.
    06 Kona Stinky Deluxe
    08 Gary Fisher X-Cal
    01 Jeep Cherokee Sport, locked, lifted, and loaded

the fat kid
    the bike is at trek of pittsburgh on 228 cranberry.

I dont plan on selling the hifi at all, I actually love how it handles and how fast it is. I just have a trek credit BURNING a hole in my pocket, so i've been kicking around different options.

StraightOuttaCompton
    those are pretty nice bikes. 1400 isnt bad at all. go for it, and give your lycra to a roadie.
    HARDTAIL PRIDE- 09 Kona Five-0

the fat kid
    I really havn't had any other support for it.. what i've been looking at now has been a hifi 29er... Its just that there is so little actuall down hill around here....

mtbr member
    I'm in a simliar situation. I was into mostly aggresive XC, went to 7 springs and have been bitten by the DH bug. From what I've heard, and read. The courses 7 springs has doesn't really require a really long travel DH bike. I think the King fisher would be a great choice for it. But don't sell your hifi.

I'm tempted to get a DH bike but its hard to justify spending the money. Right now it seems that the choices close to my home for DH is 7 springs, wisp and soon hidden valley. I'm goign to try to build up a light downhill bike this winter for cheap. But for that price you'd be wise to grab the king fisher. If you aren't interested I may go take that deal, assuming its a large

******ed or Branded??
    You could buy mines for $650 plus shipping!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by doodooboi
    You could buy mines for $650 plus shipping!!!
    PM me with details...

mtbr member
    there heavy