DOWNHILL MAFIA

KHS FR2000 frame

Anyone here ever own one or ride one?
    I was thinking of getting one just to beat into the ground.
    Just a little something to put a couple inches under me without breaking my wallet, since I use my hardtail for everything, It's gettin beaten down. I was just wondering if theyre worth the 300 bucks.

Save my $..
    or
    Go for it..
    i want to post more but i can't stop riding!

crumb
    from what ive read about them save your $. even though i have no 1st hand experience ive heard theyre weak and break. Ive also heard good things about them but mostly negative. hopefully someone whos ridden one will respond
    ETBW
    Magura

bpuodt
    Actually the FR2000 is a pretty good bike. It's good for just beating on. Don't expect it to be the fastest DH, but it feels good.

The rear end is stiff and the frame is burly.

Make sure to get a size smaller than you would think, the top tube is long. The 18 and 20 inch frames are big.

I've been beating on one for about 8 months no problems. Still plenty stiff and like yourself I mostly ride hardtails, so I notice flex easily.

It's just a strong frame, period. They can take 10 footers all day long with the shock setup right. Look for the one with the MAnitou swinger coil shock from bobs-bicycles.com. Should be fun with your SuperT on it.

DOWNHILL MAFIA
    Quote Originally Posted by Robot Chicken
    Actually the FR2000 is a pretty good bike. It's good for just beating on. Don't expect it to be the fastest DH, but it feels good.

The rear end is stiff and the frame is burly.

Make sure to get a size smaller than you would think, the top tube is long. The 18 and 20 inch frames are big.

I've been beating on one for about 8 months no problems. Still plenty stiff and like yourself I mostly ride hardtails, so I notice flex easily.

It's just a strong frame, period. They can take 10 footers all day long with the shock setup right. Look for the one with the MAnitou swinger coil shock from bobs-bicycles.com. Should be fun with your SuperT on it.
    Thanks Robo....

I just want to build up a little cheapo for resort riding, since I ride my hardtail everyday, I want to give it a rest. Something I could ride mammoth and northstar all day with and not have the soreness my hardtail gives me. Dont get me wrong, I love my hardtail, I guess I'm just getting old and need something a bit more comfortable.
    Hows the romic shock? The one I was looking at comes with a romic.

395 Fat Tire Council
    Quote Originally Posted by JSUN
    Thanks Robo....

I just want to build up a little cheapo for resort riding, since I ride my hardtail everyday, I want to give it a rest. Something I could ride mammoth and northstar all day with and not have the soreness my hardtail gives me. Dont get me wrong, I love my hardtail, I guess I'm just getting old and need something a bit more comfortable.
    I second the FR2000. I've had one for about six months now. BOught it from wheelworld, can't go wrong for 299 + romic shock. Head tube it a little steep so i ended up putting a 66rc on though to help slacken it out a bit.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    thier ok, not to impressed with the KHS warranty on it though... my buddy who just started jumping this year and getting into FR, cracked his frame before it had a chance to hit it's first jump warranty grinded off the weld, and just put a new weld bead on the aluminum frame.. * creates a weakspot doin it the gimp way* but it's been good since so maybe he just had some bad luck, it is only 300 bucks afterall and romic is a nice sturdy shock couldn't hurt to give'er a shot.

gnar, brah
    Thanks Robo....

Sounds like a decent bike...but I might consider sandblasting it raw or something and save yourself some scornful looks from people atop V10s and M3s. Aluminum self-oxidizes so it won't rust or anything.
    Trestle Bike Park

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Anyone here ever own one or ride one?
    I was thinking of getting one just to beat into the ground.
    Just a little something to put a couple inches under me without breaking my wallet, since I use my hardtail for everything, It's gettin beaten down. I was just wondering if theyre worth the 300 bucks.

Save my $..
    or
    Go for it..
    I have owned one since 03, I ride South Mt here in Phx I know you know the trails here and I have hammered on it till I bought a new Fly in April. I broke the weld on the chainstay twice and had no problem with them replacing the rear swing arm, the second time I asked for a bearing kit and they sent me all the bushings and new rocker arms no charge. So for the money you can"t go wrong it rides just like a stinky to me. I run a boxxer and the Romic is great.

DOWNHILL MAFIA
    Wheelworld sold out of the $300 frames.

Oh well. I guess it wasnt meant to be..