Thread: Khs Dj-50

I reckon y'all fixin to..

Khs Dj-50

Can't find any good reviews on this bike. I see the DJ-25 got 1 review for 4/5 a few years ago stating that adjustments needed to be made to it before it was what they wanted, but I'm cool with that. I found a post on CL for the DJ-50 that is said to be in good condition but the guy needs to sell it because he's moving. He's asking $250 obo. Anyone have any suggestions as to if this is even a good deal, a good bike, and/or what other questions I should ask the seller?
    "Good health is the slowest possible way one can die."

mtbr member
    Wheelworld had a sale on the KHS DJ200 frame a few years ago for $149 if I remember it right. As a matter of fact one of my buddies got the whole KHS DJ200 bike for $499. I'd offer him $80 for local pick up or $100 shipped. Nothing more. If your budget is $250, you can get better brand new hard tail frames. I personally like the Specialize P1.
    DH:Mountain Cycle Shockwave 9.5 w/ 888R
    FR:Marin Quake w/ 888RC
    AM:BMC Superstroke 01 w/ 66RC2X

Cool. Thanks for the input.

Well... I emailed the guy and pretty much told him I may be interested if we can agree on a price (trying to not pitch a price right at him) and he basically said he doesn't want to go much less than $250.

Now, were you suggesting to offer $80 for the whole bike or just the frame. Cause the guy is selling it as is, which he said is all stock.

If he doesn't want to go less than $250 I may give it a few days to see if he does get that, or if he realizes he's not going to get that and is then willing to deal.

Looks like a nice bike. I have been looking at a Giant Rincon, as I hear it is a decently entry-level bike at a reasonable price. The LBS is selling it for approximately $350 brand new.

mtbr member
    The Giant Rincon and the KHS DJ25 have different frame geo because the Rincon is more for recreational / very light xc riding while the DJ25 as it's name suggests is an entry level dirt jump / urban frame. Since you posted in this thread, I'd recommend the KHS provided you can get it for $200 shipped fot the whole bike.

I once got a Specialized Hardrock Sport (entire bike) slightly used for $150 and I'm sure it would be comparable to the DJ25.
    DH:Mountain Cycle Shockwave 9.5 w/ 888R
    FR:Marin Quake w/ 888RC
    AM:BMC Superstroke 01 w/ 66RC2X

Quote Originally Posted by nickgto
    The Giant Rincon and the KHS DJ25 have different frame geo because the Rincon is more for recreational / very light xc riding while the DJ25 as it's name suggests is an entry level dirt jump / urban frame. Since you posted in this thread, I'd recommend the KHS provided you can get it for $200 shipped for the whole bike.
    Yeah that's pretty much what I was thinking. I believe my ultimate goal will be to have a good AM/DJ bike. I like to ride fast, technical, and would like to be able to hit jumps and do drops. So really, this should be applicable for the time being.

StraightOuttaCompton
    is this bike on the craigslist for south lake tahoe. if it is, it isnt worth 250.
    HARDTAIL PRIDE- 09 Kona Five-0

Quote Originally Posted by Djponee
    is this bike on the craigslist for south lake tahoe. if it is, it isnt worth 250.
    Yeah that's the one... what are the reasons you see that it is not worth that? and what (if any) should it be worth?