Thread: KHS DH200 Size

mtbr member
    May 2010

KHS DH200 Size

Hey guys,
    I am planning on buying a KHS DH200 and it comes in two sizes M & S. Anyone have any experience as to what I should go with. I am 6'1".

Thanks in advance

bike rider
    At 6'1" I'm betting you've never owned a small frame. Don't start now.
    Keep the Country country.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelandjt
    At 6'1" I'm betting you've never owned a small frame. Don't start now.
    I concur. I'm 6ft on a medium Lucky 7. Go medium.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    yeah I figured I would need the medium but I am not sure if the medium would be big enough for me.

bike rider
    That's hard to say. With a lot of brands you'd be right between med & large (maybe KHS's med is on the big side?). Unless you like a really long front end for stability on steeps and high speeds I think you'll be fine. The upside to a shorter top tube is a more flickable feel in the air and technical sections and quicker cornering in tight turns.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Yeah I'd like to be able to sit on the bike and see for myself but no one around here stocks it and I dont know anyone who has one.
    I am also looking into the Norco Dh bikes since everyone around my parts stocks them but I am having a hard time finding reviews and opinions on this bike.

bike rider
    I like the Norco frames. The 2009/2010s were a big improvement and the 2011's look to have shed even more weight. I rode with a bunch of Norco riders when I was in Vancouver and they were all happy with the bike and said they were relatively cheap (compared to me and my travel partner's V10 and Shocker).

mtbr member
    Oct 2008

khs

Hey I have a small dh200 (2006 though)its tiny I'm 5'5' the top tube is short standing and pedaling takes some getting used to.(Staying centered)

Glad to Be Alive
    KHS is the same bike as a Azonic Recoil....they came in 16 and 18 inch . Same as small and medium....you would hate it riding the small.....get the medium which will still be a tad small for you

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Yeah, I found a size chart somewhere and apparently the medium is intended for a rider at 5'9" at the top end. I am looking at a whole bunch of different bikes, since this would be my first DH, and this was one of the factors.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    heres my 2005 Medium
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    im 6'. I rented a medium KHS and it was a good size for me.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010

Dh200

Good day, I have the DH200 frame and I am 5' 11". It fits me perfect. The only thing I would recomend if you purchase this bike is to replace the wheel sets right off the bat. They failed me in the first 5 min of the ride, I did not even get the chance to finish the first run.
    Good luck

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by EMEBulldawg
    Good day, I have the DH200 frame and I am 5' 11". It fits me perfect. The only thing I would recomend if you purchase this bike is to replace the wheel sets right off the bat. They failed me in the first 5 min of the ride, I did not even get the chance to finish the first run.
    Good luck
    Sorry, I should have stated Medium Frame.