Thread: KHS dh200??

mtbr member
    May 2008

KHS dh200??

I am looking for a fairly inexpensive DH bike and a shop in my area has two year old but new KHS DH200 for $2400. It seems like a decent bike for the price with the Fox 40 fork and DHX 5.0 shock, but since I couldn't find out much information on it I wanted to ask here if anyone had any opinions or better yet had ridden this bike. Any ideas? Thanks.

Pivotal figure
    I'd say that's a decent price. I believe there are some better deals available though (seems like Go-Ride had DHR's for just a bit more)...
    edit; Checked that Go-Ride special again..it's closer to 4k (so quite a bit more, sorry)
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

mtbr member
    grab it. Thats is a good deal. The parts alone are worth that and It is basicily a m1 withe horst link.

Glad to Be Alive
    this bike is made by Xtension and then rebadged....I rode the Azonic version (Recoil).....it is a great bike....same as an M-1
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

maker of trail
    I wonder what kind of voodoo they use to make a saint rear derailleur play with X7 shifters...

Brakes are the only thing I'd look at changing fairly quickly...

If you think you can
    My friend just got one for around that price and he loves it. Its his first downhill bike, but for the price, it has som nice parts on it. I always see the KHS race team out at the Fontana races and they are all tearing up the course on those bikes.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately I can't demo it, but I rode it around the lot and the size/geometry seems to fit me well. So, my only hesitation now is there seems to be a lot of used bikes hitting craigslist and pinkbike recently that are in great shape and after tax on the KHS about the same price. So my question now is, what do you think would be more important - getting the frame warranty that comes with the new KHS, or getting something like a really clean 08/09 Glory DH (which I have demo'd and really liked) used without a warranty?

mtbr member
    both are good bikes but i feel that the glory is a better rig...i just sold my khs luck 7 in order to purchase a glory....my khs had issues with frame and shock contact under hard landings to flat....idk if the dh 200 have these issues...good luck
    Gas Sucks Ride A Bike

I could gap that.
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by essenmeinstuff
    I wonder what kind of voodoo they use to make a saint rear derailleur play with X7 shifters...

+1 haha
    Demo 8
    P1
    http://www.chainsmokeracing.net/
    Sponsors: Twenty6, ODI, Elka, Crank Bros, Sixsixone, Azonic, Specialized

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by blackprophet19
    both are good bikes but i feel that the glory is a better rig...i just sold my khs luck 7 in order to purchase a glory....my khs had issues with frame and shock contact under hard landings to flat....idk if the dh 200 have these issues...good luck
    Hey check out my thread in the "Other Manufactures" sub forum. I have some questions on the lucky 7. Overall I am really wanting this bike. I can get a used 09 (but clean) for 1500....I demoed it and really liked it what do you think I should do.

Dont mean to hijack at all. I think the DH200 would be sweet man. I saw it at a shop, Brand new for I think 2600 or 3000. It has a quality fork and shock, and it was the 2008 National champion..seems good enough for me lol.