Thread: Kenda Telonix?

FReak

Kenda Telonix?

Anyone running 'em?
    2010 Specialized Demo 8 II (Upgraded to II from I)
    2008 Specialized Enduro SL Expert

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    2.4's front and rear. Beats the hell outta my buddies Maxxi pads and don't wear out nearly as fast. The directional knobs in the middle pick up speed faster than a square knob would and bite super good when you hit the brakes and the Stick-E knobs on the side are strong enough they don't get ripped off but grab when you corner and don't let go. Actually surprised I don't see more people running them or hear about them more but i don't think Kenda does nearly as much marketing as Maxxi either. Definitely getting another set if they ever wear thin.

Well Biked
    Jun 2005
    Yes. Good grippy tire. Corners well.

Addicted
    May 2006
    I love the Telonix. It rolls pretty decent too considering how deep the lugs are.
    I had the Telonix(up front) wash out on me on a high speed double that lead right into a shard right hander where I ended up tearing all the muscles in my neck, kinking my spine and shattering my 661 Evolution helmet and knocking myself unconscious on the 2nd bounce. I have tons of faith in that tire still. I really like running it up front when the conditions are really wet, and a set of Wet Screams would slow you down too much on pedaly sections. They are also great on stuff that's a mix of mud, roots and rocks.

I've never tried the Telonix out back, but a 2.4 up front is great.
    Last edited by bmxconvert; 06-20-2010 at 01:06 PM.

Equal opportunity meanie
    Great tire, great price. Much better casing than the rest of the Kendas it seems like. They don't seem to have much of a drift to them however, so just count on them biting all the time, and know where/when they're going to give out completely. I think I'm faster on HighRollers but the Telonix is a really competent tire too.

Committed
    The 2.4 is an excellent tire for looser conditions.

FReak
    Cool guess I'll pick some up then
    2010 Specialized Demo 8 II (Upgraded to II from I)
    2008 Specialized Enduro SL Expert

mtbr member
    Ive got 2.7s on my freeride bike...they are ridiculously big.

mtbr member
    They are my favorite aggressive Kenda tire especially if trails conditions are loose. For really blown out DH races or ones with big holes the 2.6 is amazing and is the only big tire I ever run. If Kenda made a 2.4 with the 2.6 side knobs that would be the DH tire I race all the time. With that being said I've been testing 10 or more DH tires for many years and year after year the Maxxis Minion DHF 2.5 is my favorite. I'll run the 2.7 if things get really nasty, but over all the 2.5 is amazing. You may also notice that it is very popular on the WC serieds along with the Maxxis Highroller.
    Scott @ GO-RIDE.com
    Turner DHR
    Pivot Mach 6
    Giant Anthem 27.5
    Salsa Bear Grease C
    Lil Shredder 20" - son's

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by bmxconvert
    I love the Telonix. It rolls pretty decent too considering how deep the lugs are.
    I had the Telonix(up front) wash out on me on a high speed double that lead right into a shard right hander where I ended up tearing all the muscles in my neck, kinking my spine and shattering my 661 Evolution helmet and knocking myself unconscious on the 2nd bounce. I have tons of faith in that tire still. I really like running it up front when the conditions are really wet, but Wet Screams slow you down on pedaly sections or stuff that's a mix of mud, roots and rocks.

I've never tried the Telonix out back, but a 2.4 up front is great.
    Good reason not to use up front
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Is the 2.6 really that big? Or would switching from Minion 2.5/2.7 be similar to the Telonix 2.4/2.6?

Committed
    Quote Originally Posted by happybrandon
    Is the 2.6 really that big? Or would switching from Minion 2.5/2.7 be similar to the Telonix 2.4/2.6?
    No, the 2.6 is huge. I agree with Scott about the side knobs on the 2.6 being nice and stout compared to the 2.4. This is why I would not recomend the 2.4 for a lot of hardpack riding, but it shines in the loose/dusty conditions.

Professional Troll
    The 2.6 is close to the michi comp 32 in size, just a tad smaller. I can't imagine running the telonix as a rear. That being said it is probably my fav tire for socal. No flats, slow rolling, tons of control. Great for steep loose stuff, dusty rocks, etc. Lasts pretty long too, definitely longer than maxxis tires. I still run a HR or DHF as a rear tire though.