Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Geek

Karl Rogne Cancer fund. Please help.

I found a awhile back that Karl Rogne a pro rider from Go Ride has cancer. The same type I had in 2001. I know what he's about to go through! It's going to wipe out his body and his bank account. Is there some way we can get a fund raiser going here? We have helped busted riders. This one is just ill. Thank You.

Michael Town
    Sierra Aeromotive
    Last edited by zachdank; 02-13-2008 at 11:51 AM.
    Balls to the wall until you see god. Turn Left!

Glad to Be Alive
    I'm in
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

clyde in training
    you could set up a pay pal account for him and anyone on here who also has an account can make deposits. that would probably be the most secure way to do it.

Geek
    Quote Originally Posted by 08nwsula
    you could set up a pay pal account for him and anyone on here who also has an account can make deposits. that would probably be the most secure way to do it.
    I would rather see a mod or site administration step in on that one. Maybe Kidwoo can whip something up. Business is real busy when the weather stinks. People don't fly their planes. I just don't have the time.

Proud lame eBiker
    Someone set up the paypal deal and I'll send some money right over.

Lets all hope for a speedy and full recovery!
    www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.

Geek
    Bump...Sticky?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

damn it. Karl is a good man.

maybe someone has some pull or connects with N*....i'm thinking benefit race or day or something? something.

positive vibes Karl!

Geek
    Quote Originally Posted by chico
    maybe someone has some pull or connects with N*....i'm thinking benefit race or day or something? something.

positive vibes Karl!
    He kinda needs it NOW, and not seven months from now. But that is also a good suggestion.

mtbr member
    i'd be willing to cut somethings out of my budget to give him a hand.. that has to be a huge downer.. I always liked go-ride when i lived out in utah.

Maybe their shop can do a raffle for a frame or whatnot to help benefit.

mtbr member
    Karl is a ripping rider, and a rad guy. If there was a legit account to send funds to, i would be down.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    this needs a bump to the top

Geek
    I talked to Scoot at Go-Ride yesterday, and he is in. I may organize a DH race here in Reno as a fund raiser next month. Kidwoo and I have touched bases, but still stuck in phone tag mode. Karl just needs to set up that paypal account so Scott and the rest of us can get the ball rolling. It has taken nearly seven years to pay off all the bills that came along with my treatment. Between the treatment, hospital stay, constant blood work I was almost 90k in debt. Yeah it sucks big time.

I post too much.
    Thank god for the canadian health system!

With that said, I'll definitely be sending money his way.

Geek
    Thank you so much for the sticky. Kidwoo is working on a way to get an account set up. We will keep you posted. Kevin And Kat Sweet will also be doing a fund raiser raffle at Squaw Valley in the next few weeks.

Now with flavor!!
    I've got some sites I'm looking into that aren't paypal related. I know it's easy to use so having any donations made through a paypal account will be a must. I just don't like paypal holding important money.

For any of you tahoe/sac/bay area/reno guys, there will most likely be a night at one of the club/bars at squaw valley where we host a benefit evening. Maybe some ski/bike flicks and some music.....And DEFINITELY A RAFFLE. We've got a few people already willing to throw down some schwag but there should be a good amount of bike/ski/snowboard/stuff and some restaurant gift certificates to give away.

I can't even fathom the scope of people who Karl knows .....the guy has friends everywhere. If anyone reading this is a business owner and would like to contribute, just get in touch with me here.

And just to clarify, Karl is definitely NOT one these guys who goes out trying to be a professional sports athlete without insurance. This is no take care of the guy who can't be bothered to cover his a$$. He has insurance but as anyone who's gone through some serious medical ordeals knows........there's still going to be thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars he's responsible for.

I'll have something up here in the next few days.
    STRAVA: Enabling dorks everywhere to get trails shut down........ all for the sake of a race on the internet.

mtbr member
    im in, and if theres a race or a gathering in tahoe im down for that too sounds like a good guy with life going rough

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    someone should organize a snow race here in the east

mtbr member
    agreed on avoiding paypal - wouldnt they get a % of anything we donate?

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    I've got some sites I'm looking into that aren't paypal related. I know it's easy to use so having any donations made through a paypal account will be a must. I just don't like paypal holding important money.

For any of you tahoe/sac/bay area/reno guys, there will most likely be a night at one of the club/bars at squaw valley where we host a benefit evening. Maybe some ski/bike flicks and some music.....And DEFINITELY A RAFFLE. We've got a few people already willing to throw down some schwag but there should be a good amount of bike/ski/snowboard/stuff and some restaurant gift certificates to give away.

I can't even fathom the scope of people who Karl knows .....the guy has friends everywhere. If anyone reading this is a business owner and would like to contribute, just get in touch with me here.

And just to clarify, Karl is definitely NOT one these guys who goes out trying to be a professional sports athlete without insurance. This is no take care of the guy who can't be bothered to cover his a$$. He has insurance but as anyone who's gone through some serious medical ordeals knows........there's still going to be thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars he's responsible for.

I'll have something up here in the next few days.

mtbr member

am i missing something

where is the paypal site for karl?

Now with flavor!!
    Quote Originally Posted by daisycutter
    where is the paypal site for karl?

It's coming.
    STRAVA: Enabling dorks everywhere to get trails shut down........ all for the sake of a race on the internet.

_dw
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    It's coming.
    Kevin, I'd like to help. Should I contact you or Scott? I'll be around tomorrow. Karl has always been great to me, a genuine guy. Gotta be there for him.

Dave
    dw★link
    Split Pivot
    @daveweagle -Twitter

Now with flavor!!
    Quote Originally Posted by _dw
    Kevin, I'd like to help. Should I contact you or Scott? I'll be around tomorrow. Karl has always been great to me, a genuine guy. Gotta be there for him.

Dave

Thanks a bunch man.

Shoot me a pm.

Now with flavor!!
    Just got it set up.
    Turns out all of the donation sites use paypal anyway so we're just going to have to deal with it.

Anything any of you guys want to kick down can be sent via paypal to

karlwithkancer@gmail.com

He's tired and he has no hair but apparently his sense of humor is still in tact.

Quick background. A group of us were riding late last november on a section of trail we all knew pretty well. Karl went pinning it into a section he'd ridden many times before but with the ground frozen and being a lot faster than normal got caught up over the front of his bike and faceplanted HARD. He broke his jaw, his right arm and tore up his face pretty badly. When doing some scans on his spine to check for any other damage, the radiologist noticed what turned out to be lymphoma around his heart. A few biopsies later, revealed early stage 2 non-hodgkins growth.........just in time for the holiday season.

He's been getting chemo at stanford once a month (two treatments now) which is essentially just an IV drip. He's rocking the mandatory mr clean hairdo and his energy levels are in the toilet. He's a great guy with one of the most positive attitudes on life I've ever met. You can hear the sincerity in his voice that there's no doubt he's going to beat this but with the medical insurance 'system' in this country being what it is, the financial side of this will kill him before any disease will. Again......he HAS insurance. This isn't the guy who doesn't cover his ass when going out racing professionally. This is an idea that dhtahoe, and some others came up with to help the guy out.

A heartfelt thank you for any of you who feel you can help him cover what insurance won't. He's already got bills piling up that are pretty ridiculous.

mtbr member
    will be sending some money as soon as i can.

dontcha?
    Just shot some loot his way..
    "The future belongs to those that believe in the beauty of their dreams."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast