mtbr member

Jamis Parker III

Thinking about purchasing one to pedal one around on some trails when I'm not riding DH on the weeking. My question is if anyone has any experience pedaling one of these things around on XC/all mountain trails? Im hesitant to get a strictly all mountain bike cause i do want to race some dual slalom and ride some slope style on it as well..

any input on the pedal ability is greatly appreciated!

http://jamisbikes.com/usa/bikes/08_bikes/08parker3.html
    Mongoose, Division 26, SixSixOne, Oakley, Efinger Sporting Goods.

mtbr member
    I would seriously look into a Mongoose Khyber. Took one for a ride recently and it pedals extremely well. Sprints out like a hardtail.

mtbr member
    the khyber is another bike im looking into as well

thanks for the input!

Will to Win

my friend broke a jamis parker 1 on a AM trail... and he wasnt jumping..
    2008 Transition Dirtbag Custom
    2003 Schwinn Moab 2 Singlespeed

mtbr member
    It looks like a decent bike but every picture I have seen had possibly the shittiest welds I have ever seen.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    One thing i've learned.....

If you ask questions on forums about bicycles (which to buy etc) you will get various replies.... some people reply with real knowledge of the bike while other just say "looks great" or "looks like crap" without actually knowing jack....

Here are simple steps i take now when deciding on buying bikes....

1. Determine what type of riding you will be doing with the bike you wanna purchase

2. Go to various Forums and search for the bike (1'm 100% sure you will see a bunch of input on the bikes)

3. Try to find one and test ride it, or test ride a bike with Similar geometry, i know George Ryan rides one of those (i'm sure he'll let you sit on it)....

4. Never buy something you don't know anything of.... i have done this before and all it does is lay there until you fully hate it and sell it and you wind up losing money (i have done this for several bikes already)

5. Remember, EVERYONE has different style of riding.... not everyones style will reflect yours, so if someone says "the thing rides like a dream" (it may ride like to a dream to him but maybe not you)....

Good luck with your search!

PS.

George Ryan rides one.... and he tears sh!t up with his Parker....
    http://www.bnqt.com/article.php?id=6896

Just an FYI

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Yes

Thanks for the last post. I agree!!! I actually have a jamis parker 2 that I have ridden and more. I just got back from I-Street in Utah this last weekend and shuttles some of their biggest trails. This bike strait up rips. The Geo is almost identical to the bottlerocket and people rave nothing but good things about that bike. The parker is a lot lighter. I broke my chainstay the first week I have had it, it is true. The customer service was second to none. they had a bad batch of chainstays. Since it was replaced I have ridden it harder and gone bigger with out a single whimper. The problem has been addressed. I am going to school and classes are about to start, but I can post some pics later on this afternoon if you would like. P.S. I stripped the paint off of mine, and the bike looks amazing!!

mtbr member
    yeaa if you could post some pics and what not id appreciate it..also how does the thing pedal on some longer rides??

Will to Win
    2008 Transition Dirtbag Custom
    2003 Schwinn Moab 2 Singlespeed

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I have been riding the parker III since Feb. and would totally agree with behubert about this bike tearing it up. I took it to Moab in April and hit the upper and lower Porcupine Rim trails, slickrock, and the wash; this bike ate the rocks up like soft water taffy!! The components really allow you to have confidence in this bike, and the warranty department at Jamis is straight up rad!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    you could also look at the reign or the trance x, i have heard nothing but great things about the maestro suspension, and my brother had a reign for a while and it pedaled great, i would consider these bikes

mtbr member
    i have ridden my friends a few times and it feels heavy. really really heavy. Downhill and jumps are good, but flats and ups are a complete different story.