Thread: irc kujo dh

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

New question here. irc kujo dh

anybody out there running thes i just ordered on for the front of my cruiser its a aeesome looking tire just wanna now wat people that ride them think thanx

mtbr member
    I really have never had bad experiences with products before, but the one product that I have used that was absolutely terrible was a 2.60" IRC Kujo tire that used up front for east coast style downhill racing. Maybe in other conditions it works better, but my experience was far less than favorable.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by boyfromthelak
    anybody out there running thes i just ordered on for the front of my cruiser its a aeesome looking tire just wanna now wat people that ride them think thanx

I've been running Kujos for a couple years now. I use the 2.35 up front for XC riding, and swap it out with the 2.65 for DHing. I love these tires. Never experienced a pinch flat with them.

They really long lasting, great handling, and great braking. I've only tried a few other tires, but kept coming back to the Kujos because of the stiff sidewalls.

That being said, I just bought a pair Maxxis', so I might change my tune in a few monthes... we'll see.

conjoinicorned
    i love my kujos, and agree with you except i find they wear hella fast...dry and rocky here, that might be it, but i get 2/3 a season on them. still ride em tho, nice rubber and no more flats.
    what would rainbow unicorn do?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    IRC Kujos use a higher durometer rubber, so they do last a while. The downside to that is that the tires grip worse than sticky rubber tires (low durometer rubber). If you're just riding and not racing the IRC's should work just fine though. They're an economical tire.

Jm.
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Inclag
    I really have never had bad experiences with products before, but the one product that I have used that was absolutely terrible was a 2.60" IRC Kujo tire that used up front for east coast style downhill racing. Maybe in other conditions it works better, but my experience was far less than favorable.
    Well they dont work on the west coast worth crap either, and I've tried the 2.6, the 2.3 and the 2.2 versions. The smaller ones were evern worse in terms of traction, downright scary, the bigger ones are old-generation DH tires and have been eclipsed by anything that Intense, Michelin or Maxxis makes.

If you want good IRC tires that aren't too expensive, try to find the tomashi 2.6 tire, it's much more up to the preformance of other modern tires. THe problem is finding it though, it's not regularly imported to north america.
    I know in my heart that Ellsworth bikes are more durable by as much as double. AND they are all lighter...Tony Ellsworth