Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jan 2009

From the Inside Out

Just pre-ordered my copy of From the Inside Out on Itunes! So pumped for this movie, who else is looking forward to it?! The Coastal Crew always has amazing edits so I cannot wait for what they do with a full length movie.
    RIDE

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Yeah for sure, when does it release? Dec 1st?

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Yes Dec 1. I preordered mine as well.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Saw the premier in Portland. Sick movie! Really enjoyed watching it. Train gaps were BIG! If there was one request I wish it'd been longer. It's only a tad over 30 min I think. We were so stoked we couldn't believe it was over so soon, haha.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by genemk View Post
    Saw the premier in Portland. Sick movie! Really enjoyed watching it. Train gaps were BIG! If there was one request I wish it'd been longer. It's only a tad over 30 min I think. We were so stoked we couldn't believe it was over so soon, haha.
    yup great movie, way too short.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Yeah, I did check the length before pre-ordering and despite the fact that I wish it was longer, I figured I'd just watch it on repeat until I got my full fix haha
    RIDE

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    What other mountain bike films are coming out soon? They're really the only way I survive the winter besides skiing.
    RIDE

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Check out the teaser for Shifted on Pinkbikes homepage. Looks great, too bad it wont be out till spring.... I too, rely on mtb movies to get me through the long winters.

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Quote Originally Posted by scottvt View Post
    Check out the teaser for Shifted on Pinkbikes homepage. Looks great, too bad it wont be out till spring.... I too, rely on mtb movies to get me through the long winters.
    Yup, Shifted looks promising too!
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by scottvt View Post
    Looks sick! On the plus side, it'll get me pumped to ride at the start of the season, not as all the trails are turning to ****.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Anyone willing to give a more detailed review of from the inside out? Also Where The Trail Ends, Strength in Numbers and Barred for Life 2 should be coming out in 2012 from what I hear.

Look at the time!
    Quote Originally Posted by drinkwat View Post
    Anyone willing to give a more detailed review of from the inside out? Also Where The Trail Ends, Strength in Numbers and Barred for Life 2 should be coming out in 2012 from what I hear.
    I haven't seen it myself, but I know some folks who saw FTIO at the premiere in germany. Most of them thought is was pretty f'n awesome, one of the best bike movies ever, just very short (35mins or so!).
    One complaint was that (as usual) if you've seen all the Coastal Crew trailers and vids, you've seen most of the movie already.

I'd like to see it, but $15 (Australian Dollars on iTunes) for a 35min movie seems a bit steep to me.
    wanted: Cannondale Lefty w/ V-brake studs

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lelebebbel View Post
    I haven't seen it myself, but I know some folks who saw FTIO at the premiere in germany. Most of them thought is was pretty f'n awesome, one of the best bike movies ever, just very short (35mins or so!).
    One complaint was that (as usual) if you've seen all the Coastal Crew trailers and vids, you've seen most of the movie already.

I'd like to see it, but $15 (Australian Dollars on iTunes) for a 35min movie seems a bit steep to me.
    I would disagree with your friends. It's an NWD'esq section-by-section type movie. There are some very very nice sections. The Stevie Smith section was way better than I thought it would be. The matt hunter section has got to be one of his best. I gotta stop singling out sections because they're all awesome!
    About buying a bike:
    Quote Originally Posted by No MSG
    It's like finding a wife. Personality is important, but you gotta look at that face every morning.

mtbr member
    ^^^ If you don't want to single out any more segments, I will. The Brandon Semenuk segmant was by far my favorite. Amazing airs put to good music.

Good little movie. Stoked to see the next Anthill film this Spring.

mtbr member
    tic toc, tic toc
    Transition Bank
    Transition ToP
    Transition Covert

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    if you like racing, freecaster should be releasing a 3 hour recap of the 2011 WC season filmed by alex rankin. And there are no better mtb makers then rankin.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Just got From the Inside Out on iTunes. About to watch it, I'll post my own review later haha
    RIDE

mtbr member
    Just finished watching it. Great stoke and worth the $13 on itunes but it was kind of a kick in the balls. It's snowing so hard outside I can't even ride my F***ing road bike.

Now with More Wood
    Yep, just finished watching my iTunes copy. Thoughts:

-a bit short, yeah. Also, there is a feeling that it lacks the overall direction of some of the more "established" titles (Seasons, Follow Me, etc). It is just a sequence of really great riding segments. Which is actually a plus in the end - it really doesn't try to be anything else, and it does it really well.

-cinematography is great, lovely light throughout, some nice creative angles. Not over the top artsy for art's sake either - just really flowy footage.

-the riding is unreal. Everything is so big, yet smooth...almost every single scene is epic in its own right, never mind getting 100s of them. Also, some of the locations are unreal...we get to see all kinds of scenery, types of dirt, they visit some old sites etc...really nice.

-Did someone says train gapssss...

-for $13 or whatever, you shouldn't even be thinking of not buying it. Totally worth it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Just watched it for the second time and I must say that despite the short length it is definitely worth the money. I would honestly rather have it be short and sweet than long and mediocre. This is a must have mtb movie for this year. I cannot even pick out my favorite segment because they are all done so well.
    RIDE

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by murd View Post
    Just finished watching it. Great stoke and worth the $13 on itunes but it was kind of a kick in the balls. It's snowing so hard outside I can't even ride my F***ing road bike.
    I can top that, I just finished watching it here on the east coast.
    1. There's no snow so I can't even get my adrenaline rush from skiing.
    2. It's a perfect day for mountain biking but I'm in college and I just brought my downhill bike back down to my house last weekend thinking the season was over.

So now I'm stuck in my dorm room like an insane shut in.
    RIDE

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I thought it was awesome. Right off the bat, the first section's music track is absolutely awesome. I was so glad they put more electronic music in. Some of the music choices in Follow Me sorta fudged the experience for me but they nailed it in From the Inside Out.

The editing with the first section especially, and throughout the film was fantastic and really kept it feeling flowy without even using much helmet cam footage at all. This is pretty cool, since it has the awesome look of 3rd person footage with almost the awesome feel of first person footage. Things like using trees for transitions and stuff, I really liked that.

Yeah, it is so short it feels more like a good compilation of individual videos, but it is quite worth the money.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I recently purchased it off iTunes and I can say that it was phenomenal. It was SOOO much better than Lifecycles.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Great movie, one section that stands out is Brandon's. Don't really care too much for the jumpy jump slopestyle scenes, although this one was well done. The rest of it was great, and movie as a whole is top notch. Riding was super smooth, super big, and super fast. And train gapSSSS.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by arkon11 View Post
    I recently purchased it off iTunes and I can say that it was phenomenal. It was SOOO much better than Lifecycles.
    That production as a whole was great, but where was the actual riding?
    404 - riding not found.
    Can't wait to see this new one. Hopefully tonight.
    2013 Cannondale F29 2
    2013 Giant Seek 0
    2010 Specialized SX Trail
    2009 Cannondale Rize 4

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast