mtbr member
    Apr 2012

info on jamis parker II

im thinking about getting a jamis parker II. its a brand new 2009 model for about 1000 dollars. im looking for a bike that i can do some dj with and still be able to do some single track stuff in az. do you guys have any thoughts on this bike? is it a good deal? thanks

Jan 2012
    I just looked at the specs on a 2010 parker II on Jensen, and it sounds like you would be getting a real steal at $1000. The spec sheet looks solid, although the travel seems more in the all mountain range.
    Leftys creep me out

What?
    I have a 2009 parker 2(now my wife's bike) its a solid bike. For 1000 bucks, you would be getting a hell of a deal. The fork has a msrp near that alone.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    yeah thats what i thought. the other bike that i would consider getting is a 2010 used scott voltage fr 30 for 1000$. any thoughts on which would be a better deal for an all purpose bike that i could dirt jump with and still do single track and urban riding?

usually cranky
    go for the parker. fun trail bike you can jump too.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    great, thanks for the advice

Moose Member
    Did Jamis fix the snapping issues with the Parker yet? I've heard their fun bikes bikes I'd make sure they fixed the snapping.

I'd go voltage and run it in short travel mode. Then you could convert it and do some downhill.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    not sure about the issues of the snapping frames but i will be sure to ask if i do get one. thanks for the advice on the voltage, something to think about.

Moose Member
    I have a DH bike, and a 4-5" travel slopestyle bike. I've ridden my slope bike way more than my DH. You can't go wring either way, I'd just hate for your frame to snap and nobody warn you.

Slopestyle bikes are so much fun you will love it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    sounds great, cant wait to get a bike and go riding again!

What?
    The chainstay issue was mostly confined to the 2008 bikes. Very few people have had issues with the 2009 or 2010 frames. Janis is pretty good about covering them if you do have a problem.