mtbr member
    Jul 2007

IH Yakuza Sohon Bucho?

I just bought the Sohon Bucho and was wondering if there was anything I should know about the bike. Any Negatives that I should be aware of. Even positives would be nice to hear. Also if you have any pictures of one in action or just a decent picture... Please share!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    The only thing to watch out for is the pivot bolt becoming loose. Some frames have the bolt too long so that full contact can not be established in the pivot. Solution would be to file down and as an extra to apply i think red loctite. I read about it in the Iron Horse mtbr forum section.

But it is a really good frame for dh.

Gravity is cool.
    Definitely pay close attention to your pivot bolt as it's a know problem on that frame. Juklano is exactly right. My wife's came loose on her Kumicho because the bolt was just a bit too long. Our LBS filed hers down and used red loctite on both of ours. Mine never came loose, but they loctited it just to be safe. They've survived about 10 days at Whistler since. They are great bikes, especially for the price you can get them now. The only thing we changed on ours was the rear shock. We replaced the Swingers with Roco WC shocks and now we totally love these bikes.