Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

I thought this was a joke...

4K views 25 replies 26 participants last post by  fryed_1 
#1 ·
when I saw the vid on sicklines....

but then I checked the website Welcome to Flex stem for snickers n giggles and I don't even know what to think.

"A new flexible MTB stem, which makes the rider can do more easy downhill with more comfort and less fatigue." ...but I haven't seen anything much more awkward than what I saw in the video. I mean seriously, one time my brake levers weren't tightened down correctly on the first run of the morning and I damned near crapped myself when the front lever started moving.... this thing apparently lets your handlebar clamp float WHILE BRAKING?!?! "This a new flexible MTB stem(comming soon) which allow the rider can rotate the handle bar 8, 15 or 20 degree during his finger pressed on brake lever."

Perhaps Sam Hill jumped from Spec because they wouldn't spec it on his race bike?

#5 ·
did it not bother anyone else that the timestamp is from 6 years into the future? this is clearly the best new product of 2019 and we should embrace it now in order to stay ahead of the curve. i see some of the R&D was done in 2015 so they've clearly put years of work into this.

#18 ·
Not sure what was more silly. That dumb ass flex stem or watching that rider. I'm sure he would have done better with a normal/solid stem (insert roll eyes here). Bwahhhhh

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.