Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Dec 2004

I love my azonic love seat, but its time to scale down

Im setting up my new bike, I used to use a Azonic Love seat on my DH. Well this new bike needs to goes up. I put a sstx2 wtb seat on that I had extra. Its way to firm and after riding with it for a few minutes my inner butt bone things are sore. Other seats I have ridden just kills my taint. So my best description of what I want, is my love seat, just smaller and maybe lighter. I about 160

Glad to Be Alive
    I loved my LoveSeat......but switched to the WTB Lazer....light and comfortable
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    its DH, you dont sit down. the seat is just there to keep you from impaling yourself on the seatpost.

mtbr member
    The seat is the third contact point with the bike, it is very important. Try riding DH without one, you'll notice its absence right away.

After a super cushy seat like the azonic, anything is going to hurt your ass. Just suck it up, your ass will get used to it.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by zdubyadubya
    its DH, you dont sit down. the seat is just there to keep you from impaling yourself on the seatpost.
    he pedals up too
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005
    My fav is the WTB Power V Race DH Saddle but it doesn't look like WTB offers it anymore

bike rider
    Titec El Norte ProLite. Scaled down from the Love Seat in weight and size but more generous length and padding than most seats. You can buy mine for $40 if you want (mint condition, regularly $60-80).
    Keep the Country country.

bike-zilla
    Check out the Funn throne if you want something with a bit more padding.
    I tend to prefer very slim and light saddles, don't find them uncomfortable any more, but sometimes you do get a reminder to stand up. Good shorts help too.

bike rider
    I'm trying to get used to a lighter saddle but sometimes my butt hits the saddle hard during body english or a weird landing and I miss the Titec.
    Keep the Country country.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

My 2 cents

For me, weight is critical, and especially up high like a saddle. So I went with the Selle SLR road saddle, 135grams. How damn often do you really sit on your saddle ridding? If you ride sitting down, you got more problems.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I love my azonic love seat, but its time to scale down-2-.jpg  

dirt rules
    Quote Originally Posted by MqtRider
    For me, weight is critical, and especially up high like a saddle. So I went with the Selle SLR road saddle, 135grams. How damn often do you really sit on your saddle ridding? If you ride sitting down, you got more problems.
    Just don't come crying to us when you take that thing right up your @ss when you case a huge jump, or blow your pedals on a big drop....

I AM I AM
    Wtb Laser V, there is an '09 model going cheap on CRC at the moment. The Laser V, Speed V are the only ones I've found comfy so far, but they're a bit heavy at 400g hence I'm upgrading to one in the link, only 265g, not bad considering it would offer the same comfort.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...?ModelID=25693

Hate to say it though if the love seat you find comfy is fairly wide then you might not be able to find a narrower sexxy looking saddle that will ever have the same comfort, if your sit bones are too wide. Otherwise it might be a shape thing so look for ones with a similar shape (ie is the top flat, does it have a whale tail, does it dip down in the centere?). I don't think a large amount of padding necessarily means a comfy seat.

Anyhow if you do need the width then apart from WTB check out some Specialized models as well.

But if for DH you just need to be soft rather than pedalling comfy then it's probably a different ball game too.

Now with More Wood
    How many of y'all actually read what OP said? He NEEDS TO PEDAL this new build...

Locs on Spokez
    I have an SDG Ti - Fly right now and IT F*CKING SUCKS ASS FOR PEDALING SO BAD

I used to run a Bontrager Racelite Ti... VERY COMFORTABLE! I could go on 6 hour rides and the seat would never be painful.... Ti-Fly is a ***** to ride in comparison....

It's not as cool as a SLR but those things are f*cking garbage... most painful seat I've ever tried hahahah
    Ground Steeze. @iggy_strbac

mtbr member
    I personally like big Lazyboy saddles... SDG iSky is like one of those old school spring saddles, w/o the spring. Very tender-butt friendly
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    Seriously, try women's saddles. I rode this test bike for a while day AM ride and it was the most glorious throne. I went online to look up the saddle and found it to be a specialized womens specific one.
    About buying a bike:
    Quote Originally Posted by No MSG
    It's like finding a wife. Personality is important, but you gotta look at that face every morning.

mtbr member
    The Throne is a cushy saddle and the WTB Speed V as well. I also have to pedal my DH bike so I need something soft. Currently looking into the WTB DH saddle as well as the Sette Stike dh.

Its got what plants crave
    WTB Pure.
    Ocala Mountain Bike Association - www.omba.org

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggz

I used to run a Bontrager Racelite Ti... VERY COMFORTABLE! I could go on 6 hour rides and the seat would never be painful.... Ti-Fly is a ***** to ride in comparison....

It's not as cool as a SLR but those things are f*cking garbage... most painful seat I've ever tried hahahah
    Agree on both. SDG kills my privates. Running a Bontrager Race X-Lite on both bikes, DH and Trail. Surprisingly comfy for a race saddle. Light too, if that matters to you.

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    these days its hard to go wrong with a wtb saddle. runnin a old shadow on the rfx which took some gettin used to but it finally broke in and is now a comfy all day seat. i have a lazer v on my touring bike due to its deep yet semi firm padding and im thinkin it might work very well for you given yer description of personal needs. ya give up some weight but the super cush is there. good luck
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I used the Azonic HOT seat for years and it's a scale down from the love seat,
    but still very durable.

http://www.amazon.com/Azonic-Black-K.../dp/B0016OH1HO

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggz

I have the same Ti-Fly on my DH bike right now and I have to agree that it is not all that comfortable, but saves me 1/3 lb over other saddles. I would however suggest the SDG Bel Air as that has to be one of the most comfortable saddles I have used (understand I don't change saddles all that often once I find one that works).

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    I had the love seat for a season, and it was comfy but horrible for riding since it tends to chafe your inner legs due to the width. I've been on WTB saddles for years, by far some of the best saddles out there. You can still find the DH version which is bigger and comfy...only criteria that it might fail on is the weight.

Say Car Ramrod!!
    Jan 2004
    sdg belaire. wtb devo, selle italia flite
    [SIZE="5"]I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself...[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MqtRider
    That is not a good idea. I crashed and got impaled by my seat rails that broke through the seat body. And my seat was a bontrager big earl freeride seat that was slammed as low as it can go...proof is in the pics:

http://klopp.pinkbike.com/album/OUCH/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast