mtbr member
    May 2004

I am trying to sell my Super T and a Komodo frame and is pretty frustrating.

I placed some adds MTBR and Craigslist ,and I get many emails back from scamers that they do not even know what I am selling, they just want to send me a cashiers check or money orders and of course for more money that I am asking so I send them money back.I guess there are some idiots that fall for that.

mtbr member
    From my experience Craigslist is where you attract most of the scammers. "Hardcore" mtb stuff is hard to sell on there too. Not too many people looking for Burly frames and forks on CL. It's easy to sell XC bikes on there though.

If you're not having any luck posting on MTBR, Ridemonkey and PinkBike. Then resort to ebay. At least on ebay it will sell, maybe for not as much as you want.

I had a .243 DJ frame I was selling, and I tried all the sites and no bites besides scammers. I posted it on ebay with a buy it now of $200 and within a couple of days it sold.

Will to Win
    pinkbike? I posted my XC bike on there for sale. few days later got an email from someone asking for the bike. Told him I had already sold it. The next email I got, from the same address, It was asking me If I was married, or had a girlfriend or interest in blondes... motherf*cking internet freaks... about a week later I received an email from Pinkbike stating that the user that had contacted me was a certified scammer. Pinkbike sucks... the only good thing there is the VOD and POD.

Bike Hustler
    thats the life of a bike hustler dude!
    If you want to sell, you've got to be willing to put up with tons of scam attempts, deadbeat offers, and of course the never ending army of 13 yr old Pinkbike kids cussing you out cause you wont accept a trade on your DH frame for a "sick kona hardtail"

And most of all it takes time. dont be afraid to be proactive and seek out ads looking for what you are selling and shoot offers.
    [SIZE="4"]SHAM-WOW[/SIZE]

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by LoozinSkin
    thats the life of a bike hustler dude!
    If you want to sell, you've got to be willing to put up with tons of scam attempts, deadbeat offers, and of course the never ending army of 13 yr old Pinkbike kids cussing you out cause you wont accept a trade on your DH frame for a "sick kona hardtail"

And most of all it takes time. dont be afraid to be proactive and seek out ads looking for what you are selling and shoot offers.
    plus get a new mailing address to do biz with
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I think after getting @ 15 answers from sacammers(and they keep coming) I will "play" with them and make them send me the fake money order or cashiers check for my "item",that is how they call it because they do not have a clue what I am selling. I just want to know were they want me to send my money,I will bet is Nigeria. It will also be nice to make them spend money in postage. I know I guess I have a lots of free time...but these Mother f**** really got to me.

mtbr member
    May 2004

Here is just one example of what I get.

Hello
    How are you today and how is work over there, I saw your item you posted on craigs here but i will like to tell you that i will be paying with a Bank Certified Check in US dollars and as for the shipment my shipper will come for the pick up at your location upon your confirmation of receiving the payment andI want you to keep the item for me and dont want you to look for any other buyer.
    I would have love to come down for the pickup, but i do not have chance to do that now due to my job but am satisfied with your discription of the item i will like you to give me your contact info for me to mail your payment.

1....Your full name to be on the check
    2.....Your full contact address to send the payment to (Not PO Box)
    3....Your zip code
    4....Your mobile or home phone no to reach you.
    Have a nice day and hope to hear from you soon.