Glad to Be Alive

Hope Mono 6 Saw Disc Brake rotors

anybody have any problems with these rotors?? I sheared mine today...and I wondering if it is fatigue or if maybe I banged it
    Last edited by SHIVER ME TIMBERS; 12-27-2012 at 10:44 PM.
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Dam check out the new EVO Stealth brakes they are wicked!!!

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by ianjenn View Post
    Dam check out the new EVO Stealth brakes they are wicked!!!
    I didn't hear or think I hit anything but my rotor started rubbing and I noticed one section (2 supports were broken) so I figure I would loosen up caliber bolts and baby it home...I ride like 15 feet and the whole thing snapped...Have a friend that has had his 4 years...IDK
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    My bike tech guru advised that hopes are overrated when I was asking about them. He says the same about Formulas - so I know I'm gonna be flamed now

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by lernr View Post
    My bike tech guru advised that hopes are overrated when I was asking about them. He says the same about Formulas - so I know I'm gonna be flamed now
    running the hope rotors for looks with the Saint brakes

mtbr member
    Got any photos?
    I've been running Hope brakes for a decade with no problems & I'm 200lbs without gear

Slap happy crappiness
    Brake less, break less.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS View Post
    running the hope rotors for looks with the Saint brakes
    Sacrilege!
    You should run Hope brakes on Shimano Rotors... like me!

I can't say I've heard of many Hope rotor failures without the rider first smacking into something solid and un-moving, it sounds like you've been very unlucky (Also, where did you dig up Mono 6 rotors from?!). Send pictures to Hope and see what they say.

# How well does the rotor fit the brake? IIRC Mono 6s had/have a very narrow braking track, if the caliper's pressing past the track and onto the arms that would do it.

mtbr member
    Are you talking about the two piece rotor (full floating) ? I have been running them on many bikes over the years with zero problems. Including my DH rig riding Whistler.

Only one small problem I have, with those rotors on Hadley hubs and installed on Fox forks, the inner rotor can slightly rub the brake boss on the fork leg. But it is very minor.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimba View Post
    Are you talking about the two piece rotor (full floating) ? I have been running them on many bikes over the years with zero problems. Including my DH rig riding Whistler.
    yep the 2 piece...I think it is just one of those things...Like I said...I don't remember hitting anything but I was on a very steep and crunchy trail (lots of rocks)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Just take off the silver part you'll still have the pretty anodized partion, and you'll ride much faster. As fast as a 29er!
    The guy yo' momma "act" like she don't know!

mtbr member
    I've never sheared one but did severely warp a 183 at Trestle last year on the rear. (I am thinking I got tire, dragged too much rear, & over heated.

Of course there is the possibility I hit something but it bent more like a warp versus impact. Other than that I've never had any trouble with them.