Thread: Hookworm psi?

mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Hookworm psi?

Hey, just wondering what pressure those of you who have run Hookworms found best. I run 24F/26R on my knobbies in the dirt, thought I'd try that to start with, though I doubt they need to be that soft to stick well on the street. It's a full suspension FR rig.

Thanks

Pro Crastinator
    for street you'll want as high a psi as your wrists can stand...

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I know that'll make them roll easier, but I'm wondering about the best psi to get good grip and low rolling resistance.

injured reserve list
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker. View Post
    for street you'll want as high a psi as your wrists can stand...
    Very true WCH, plus if you run too low tire pressure on your full sus. bike it will feel like a slug.

Just play with tire pressures and ride what feels good for the conditions you ride. Everyone has different preferences/bike set ups so you may end up getting 100's of different answers here when in the end it only matters to you. I mean if you're trying to figure out what tire pressures Seminuk, McCauls' or Reynolds run then good luck with that.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by OUTsane(the original) View Post
    I know that'll make them roll easier, but I'm wondering about the best psi to get good grip and low rolling resistance.
    Don't worry about your grip. They grip pretty good. I have them in a 2.5. Main purpose I got them was to practice and get use to my rear breaking loose. I found a hard pack dirt lot to practice on. With the tire pumped up pretty hard I still had to work pretty hard to get it to break loose.

Pro Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by OUTsane(the original) View Post
    they will get good grip at any psi, but they were designed for the 60psi range...

Wanna ride bikes?
    2f79r