mtbr member
    Apr 2011

help me out 2007 session 7

my rear shock is blown i need a new one anyone that can help me figure out what i need to buy and if its a diy job or lbs anyhelp would be awsome.....HELP ME i am on a budget but i know its gona cost me..i weigh in at 230 with gear

2007 trek session 7

Rider, Builder, Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by itstreky View Post
    my rear shock is blown i need a new one anyone that can help me figure out what i need to buy and if its a diy job or lbs anyhelp would be awsome.....HELP ME i am on a budget but i know its gona cost me..i weigh in at 230 with gear

2007 trek session 7
    Get out the ruler and measure the length (eye to eye) and stroke (how much the shock compresses). To get the stroke length, take the spring off the the shock (and empty the air canister if there is one) and compress the shock all the way. Measure the compressed eye to eye length and subtract from the original eye to eye. Or look it up. I had a Session 77, but can't remember shock size to save my life.

Start looking around on the classifieds for used shocks. There are always plenty on the Pinkbike and Ridemonkey classifieds sections more than on MTBR, simply because those sites have a bigger DH/FR crowd on them.