..:: www.76studio.pl ::..
    Nov 2010

Help me choose a frame to FR

Hi there!

I'm looking for full suspension frame. Now, I have hardtail with 66, which I would like to put in new frame. Generally, I'm looking a frame for thaff freeride but sometimes I ride dh as well. I wish the frame will has about 8" travel, however I'm looking for jump-friendly piece

I consider Banshee Scythe, SC Vp free, SC Driver8, SC Bullit, Intense Uzzi. Maybe, guys, you can help me choose the right one? Maybe someone rides one of this frames?

PS. The price is also important for me.

Thanks for help

FReak
    How about SX Trail or Demo 7?
    2010 Specialized Demo 8 II (Upgraded to II from I)
    2008 Specialized Enduro SL Expert

Glad to Be Alive
    951 or old SoCom

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    I have recently put together a 2010 Banshee Scythe and LOVE IT!!! Coming off an older Foes w curnutt the Scythe rocks. Enjoying my rides way more now.

mtbr member
    Keep your eyes open for a used Foes Fly. They are amazing bikes.

brake later, pedal sooner
    +1 on the banshee scythe...

peep pictures here : http://ustemuf.pinkbike.com/album/Scythe/

awesome freeride frame.. i submitted a bike check to the guys at banshee.. might be goin up on their blog in a couple days:

http://bansheebikes.blogspot.com

RiffRaff
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by FROGMAN524
    How about SX Trail or Demo 7?
    Iv had both of these and would recommend either.
    "If Liberace was alive, he'd be proud to ride that mofo."

mtbr member
    I'd go for a Giant Glory. Can be built up very light, and for an 8" bike, it pedals pretty well. Great bike, lifetime warranty on the frame, and a great component spec for the money. Giant knows their stuff. That's why Spec, Trek and a lot of other companies contract them to build their stuff, then hey mark up the price when it gets to the US.
    tangaroo: What electrolytes do chicken and turkey have again?
    rck18: All of them, because they're meat.

..:: www.76studio.pl ::..
    Nov 2010
    Ok there. So, if i have to choose between vp-free, new bullit and scythe what would be the best in your opinion? How with the geo, brake jacking and uphill pedaling, and generaly riding these frames?

mtbr member
    The VP Free still holds up.

Of the 3 frames you've mentioned I've spent a lot of time on both the VP and the Bullit. Can't weigh in on the Scythe.

VP Frees are inexpensive and the frames are burly. You can crash them in rock gardens, case jumps, lawn dart, etc and they keep going. Grab a spare derailluer hanger and you're good for just about anything.

Same goes for Bullits.

You can pedal a VP ANYWHERE. Suspension is very effcient for pedaling.
    Once you get the suspension dialed in it will jump well, climb well, and do DH duty.
    Having all that travel in the back is great.

Bullits jump great. Very fun bike for the bike park and man made stunts. Pedals ok. You'll figure out how to ride it up just about everyhting. Slightly steep head angle for DH steeps, but it makes the bike feel "nimble/responsive" in the in the air and on stunts.

You should easily be able to find a complete VP or Bullit in excellent conditon for $1500-$2000. I've seen some good deals on nice VPs around $1200.

I prefer to go for complete used "big bikes" For not much more money than a very good used frame, you can end end up with a lot of spare parts. A spare wheelset/brakes/drivetrain parts,/fork/shock, are nice to have around on bikes that are getting a workout.