mtbr member
    Apr 2012

help!!!! is 5'9 too short for haro porter long?

alright i am having a tough time finding a bike that suits me. im looking for a full suspension dirt jumper that i can still do single track and pretty much a little of everything else. i initially wanted a jamis parker but i want to get a bike before the weekend and this wont get here til next week. so i found a bike at my local shop, its a 2011 haro porter expert. they have two frame sizes long and short. this one is a long. i just want to know if it will fit me. the two dimensions that differ from the short are the top tube and the wheel base. the top tube is 22.4 vs 23.3 and the wheel base is 43.4 vs 44.5. the long is essentially 1 inch longer in both the top tube and wheel base. based on these dimensions will the long suit me?? pleas help, want to buy a bike this week. thanks!!

GAME ON!
    i think you'll be fine with either. depends on what you prefer. i am slightly taller and i have bikes with both of those dimensions. my dj bike is 22.6" and my am bike is 23". 65mm and 70mm stems respectively. no reason that it wouldn't work for you with a 50mm stem. best way is to try both, though. if i was you, i would go with the shorter frame with a 50mm for dj/urban and throw on a 70mm stem for trail.
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

Moose Member
    I'm 6' and the long fit me okay. But if I were you i would go short. The long is pretty long.

The porter is a fun bike. I hit some dirt jumps on it and rode some DH on it and it was a blast. It should work pretty well for trail riding too.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    The store only offers a long, I wish they had a short. I think im jus gona get it and hope it works. Why would the long not be good for me? For dirtjumpin? Will the long be better for trail riding than the short? Thanks guys.

GAME ON!
    i'd rather have the long for trails. a short frame can always be made longer with a longer stem.
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"